“Amazing employees from housekeeping to the operator”

The Westin South Coast Plaza
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and both stays went fabulously. The valet is always quick to respond to my arrival (it's worth the extra $10 to valet) and the welcome desk has been quick and efficient both times. Michael checked me in and we chatted about my job. I have a background in hotel front desk so I was pretty critical - he hit all the check in points and also made conversation.

The room was nice - a deluxe room facing south on the 14th floor. Everything was clean, lights worked, and bed was heavenly (pun intended). Kudos to housekeeping. Even the public areas were spotless at all times.

I went to the bar that night. Pretty average... The bartender could have made better small talk rather than keeping his head down the whole time. Kiana stepped in halfway though and was very friendly.

When I called down in the morning I asked for valet but Nadine in service express got my ticket number and did it for me. I really appreciated that. There's nothing worse than calling valet and having the phone ring and ring and ring. When I got downstairs my car was pulling up and ready.

I checked out at the front desk so I could mention a minor engineering issue (hey, they happen!) and I spoke with Jasmine. I also just wanted to tell her how perfect everything was. She seemed genuinely satisfied that everything went so well and apologized for the issue; she actually cared I had a great stay.

The staff and hotel are amazing: obviously the management cares. I will definitely be back to this hotel (especially since it's 10 minutes from my mom's house!) I can't wait to try out the pool and the fitness center next.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear nsfurey,
Our team values your feedback and wants to do everything we can to deliver for our guests during their visit with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Staff is pretentious. checked in very late were told they only had they were at 97% capacity and gave us a room with two double beds which barely worked. The halls were loud. We were on the fifth floor you could hear traffic outside overall a pretty property but the rooms and staff need some help. At 97% there were still rooms available on price line. Would not recommend to travelers unless they are on business.

Stayed: March 2014
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Karen5590,
We hope that you will get an opportunity to see our hotel when we renovate later this year.
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I did a stay-cation to get out of LA for the weekend at Westin South Coast Plaza. I wish the weekend was longer. Lounging at the pool and dining at Pinot were some highlights from our stay.
I won't complain about the parking situation because every hotel charges so I've learned to suck it up.
The staff was amazing. Shout out to Jasmine, Jerry, Nadine and Alex? (Bartender).

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jessica L,
Thank you for staying with us at the hotel. We are delighted that our team made an impression on your stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

For whatever reason I was expecting a nicer establishment than what is there. Seems like they bought out a cheaper franchise and slapped their logo on the front and charge more. Unfortunately, I have nothing to compare it to in the area so I will give 5 stars until I can thoroughly review it. It may be the best if the rest are worse. Just have a hard time believing that.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear samiam1356,
Thank you for providing your feedback. We hope you will get another opportunity to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night to get enough stays (25/year) to maintain my Platinum status. Everything was OK. Picked up 500 points instead of breakfast at the coffee shop.
Parking was $20 self parking. You have to walk a block or 2 away, depending on where you park.
Most of the Sheraton hotel in the US are just average. I save my points to stay at the ones in Asia. They are wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Tom Y,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I just recently returned from an excellent visit to this hotel. This has been one of my favorite hotels in the Irvine-Costa Mesa area for awhile. Unfortunately, I had not been to the area for awhile. The hotel's exterior areas were as impressive as ever. The room was so very nice. It is nicely decorated. The staff is superb. They are very professional and attentive. The hotel is very conveniently located to South Coast shopping and business areas. Hopefully, I will be returning to the area very soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Vincent M,
Thank you for staying with us at The Westin South Coast Plaza. It is great to hear that you felt your visit met all your needs.

A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I'm was on a business trip and checkin at the Westin. I upgraded to a jr suite through the internet for a minimal fee. When I arrived the rooms were filling up fast do to a seminar. They moved me into a room that was ready, however it was older and kinda dirty. The management actually went to the room and agreed. They moved me into a larger room with a bottle of wine and apologized. They didn't have to do that, but they know service. I'll be back for years to come do to this great Serice experience. Thank you Westin.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear valued guest,
It is great to hear that we made the difference in your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Mesa
2 mi away
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#11 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to The Westin South Coast Plaza? Share your experiences!