“Convenient location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ocoee, Florida
“Convenient location”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great location. We walked to Panera for breakfast and shopping center/mall nearby. Parking is $22/day, room key programmed & automatically charged to your room daily. No free Wi-Fi. Used heated pool twice during our 4 night stay. $5 voucher each night housekeeping is declined. Got it once & used it at Starbucks in lobby. Clean, convenient, comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamaseeta
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Pamaseeta,
It is great that our hotel allowed you to be relaxed and the services were convenient. We do offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby for all of our guests should that be an option that would work for you on your next visit. We look forward to your return.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a great hotel. The room was fantastic, bed was comfy and the bathroom was nice, but the AC was a little noisy. Plenty of working space for a business traveler. Did not get a chance to try the restaurant, but it had a nice menu.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Got2GetAway,
Thank you so much for staying with us. Glad to hear that you felt the hotel guest room was fantastic for you. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at the Westin for 2 nights for work. I arrived in the late evening and was pleased that check-in was quick and easy. I was given room 707, which had a pool view. I didn't expect the hotel would have such a nice pool with a fountain. My first impression of the room was that it was simply like any other standard room at Westins, Sheratons, and Four Points Sheratons. The decor was very plain with brown and beige hues. Since the hotel was next to South Coast Plaza, I thought the Westin would be a bit more luxurious and modern.

Overall, my stay was fine and I'd go back again because of the great location. There were a few things though that could be improved. Though my room was on the 7th floor, I could still hear the traffic outside and the noise from the fountain by the pool. I also noticed that there were no outlets near the nightstand. Most of the Westins that I've stayed at had outlets at the bottom of the lamp base. There was unfortunately a leak under the bathroom sink and the water somehow discolored the shelf below as well as a couple towels. Lastly, I ordered a latte and a bagel one morning from room service and it took 30 mins to arrive. I know room service can take awhile sometimes but I didn't think it would take so long to bring such simple items.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear LC411,
We are thankful that you stayed with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback regarding to your experience. We look forward to your return.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have stayed here several times over the last few years. Most recently, this week I stayed at this Westing property for a night for business. This is a great location, i.e. walking distance to the South Coast Plaza Mall. I had meetings in the Irvine area and this is a good place to stay. Staff is friendly and helpful. Room and clean and spacious. Hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool, which is nice when the weather is 90F.

Dear Monsoonpho,
Thank you for staying with us at The Westin South Coast Plaza Hotel. Our staff will be happy to hear that you felt they were helpful and friendly for your visit with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and both stays went fabulously. The valet is always quick to respond to my arrival (it's worth the extra $10 to valet) and the welcome desk has been quick and efficient both times. Michael checked me in and we chatted about my job. I have a background in hotel front desk so I was pretty critical - he hit all the check in points and also made conversation.

The room was nice - a deluxe room facing south on the 14th floor. Everything was clean, lights worked, and bed was heavenly (pun intended). Kudos to housekeeping. Even the public areas were spotless at all times.

I went to the bar that night. Pretty average... The bartender could have made better small talk rather than keeping his head down the whole time. Kiana stepped in halfway though and was very friendly.

When I called down in the morning I asked for valet but Nadine in service express got my ticket number and did it for me. I really appreciated that. There's nothing worse than calling valet and having the phone ring and ring and ring. When I got downstairs my car was pulling up and ready.

I checked out at the front desk so I could mention a minor engineering issue (hey, they happen!) and I spoke with Jasmine. I also just wanted to tell her how perfect everything was. She seemed genuinely satisfied that everything went so well and apologized for the issue; she actually cared I had a great stay.

The staff and hotel are amazing: obviously the management cares. I will definitely be back to this hotel (especially since it's 10 minutes from my mom's house!) I can't wait to try out the pool and the fitness center next.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear nsfurey,
Our team values your feedback and wants to do everything we can to deliver for our guests during their visit with us. We look forward to your return visit.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Staff is pretentious. checked in very late were told they only had they were at 97% capacity and gave us a room with two double beds which barely worked. The halls were loud. We were on the fifth floor you could hear traffic outside overall a pretty property but the rooms and staff need some help. At 97% there were still rooms available on price line. Would not recommend to travelers unless they are on business.

Stayed March 2014
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Karen5590,
We hope that you will get an opportunity to see our hotel when we renovate later this year.
Guest Relation Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I did a stay-cation to get out of LA for the weekend at Westin South Coast Plaza. I wish the weekend was longer. Lounging at the pool and dining at Pinot were some highlights from our stay.
I won't complain about the parking situation because every hotel charges so I've learned to suck it up.
The staff was amazing. Shout out to Jasmine, Jerry, Nadine and Alex? (Bartender).

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jessica L,
Thank you for staying with us at the hotel. We are delighted that our team made an impression on your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Mesa
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to The Westin South Coast Plaza? Share your experiences!