The Westin South Coast Plaza
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$117
US$177
US$135
US$86
Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$115
US$181
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsheavenly bedsouth coastwalking bridgeself parkingpark vieworange countylobby barroom servicethe performing arts centerper dayjohn wayne airportgreat shoppingbusiness triphuge malleasy accessfitness centersouthern california
Reviewed 12 August 2014

One of the best of hotels in Costa Mesa and really busy in the morning. Being right across a mall is a nice added bonus and they have a great theater and small walking park. With minutes away from the airport, this is my favorite hotel spot.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Tony N,
We are excited to be your favorite hotel of choice. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I travel for work and stay here every week. Most of the front desk reps even recognize me when I check in every monday. For the most part, I don't ask much of them. I go to work in the morning, work out in the evening, go to sleep at night. The room is always made up to perfection every day. I once had to stay here over a 2 week period and asked if there was another method of laundry service to avoid what would be a $250 laundry bill using their out-of-house service. They graciously offered to use the housekeeping facilities to wash my clothes. I'm sure that's an exception but one that went far in my book.

They only lose a star on the food and drink aspects. I expect to pay a premium for both but their entrees tend to be bland, boring, and somewhat meager portions. Their mixed drinks are on the weaker side as well. I typically avoid room service and the bar.

I hate to end the review on a bad note since I enjoy this hotel so much. As I said earlier, the rooms are great and the staff is fantastic. The location very useful for me since I work right down the road but you also have quick access to the freeway to go to Newport Beach, LA, or San Diego. This is a quality hotel and I will continue to stay here.

Dear Kevin C,
Thank you for letting us know that you truly enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the feedback regarding to our in-room dining and lobby lounge. We take your feedback very serious and truly care about what your personal preference is so we can continue to improve.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Westin is a great brand; it's even better overseas. My first time at this location was a delight. Greeted with a warm smile upon check in (sadly this is a lost art these days). The front desk was empathetic to my needs and introduced me to the bellman. Convenient location to 405 Fwy and across the street from perhaps the best shopping mall in the country. Ill be back.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that if your room faces over the pool and waterfall, the live music may keep you up if you turn in early.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Esqtodd,
Thank you for providing us feedback that our team welcomed you with empathy. It is very important to us that our team delivers the experience that helps you feel at your best.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I arrived lat on a Friday night greated by the young front desk associate. I had asked where the nearest CVS was and shee asked what was I looking to purchase. When I stated cold medication she came from the back with several samples for me to choose from. The expereince did not end there. She closed the experience out by asking if I would liket some soup and crackers sent to the room. Very good example of reading my needs.
Hotel was clean.... long lings at Starbucks. Really like the complimentary self-park across the street. great visit!!!

Room Tip: Unload out front and drive around the corner to self park in garage.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear msneen,
It is great that our front office staff was able to assist with your experience when you came. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was a coordinator for an event held at the westin south coast plaza. The event was for approximately 100 people, a 20 year class reunion. The banquet room was set up on time and even early. I asked the captain, Jose Ornelas, for another table. He quickly set it up, no questions asked. In fact, whatever I needed, the wait staff, under the direction of Jose, took care of it.
Our event was a buffet dinner, which was quite tasty. It included lots of fresh vegetables and other healthy choices. The wait staff are very well trained, prompt and courteous. Jose appears low key but clearly is in control.

Dear janeyjans,
Thank you for choosing our property for your meeting. It is great to hear that Jose from our Banquet team made all the difference.