Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
GreenLeadersGold level
TUSTIN
“consistent”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Pros- nice, clean, friendly, good food, clean room, good location next to shopping nearby.

cons- weak wireless, fees parking

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

I travel to orange county for business and have stayed at more than 20 hotels in close proximity. Given other choices I will never come back here.

The bathroom looks nice but is disgustingly dirty. I was honestly afraid to use it. The fan was caked with 1/4 inch of sticky dust. Hair on the floor and in the sink. The nice magnifying mirror was falling off the wall. Dirty fingerprints on the doors. Ugg!! Don't let the fact that the bathroom is marble fool you.

Soundproofing is needed. Not only can you hear people in the next room and in the hall but you can hear water running through pipes in the walls and the sound of the air never stops even though I had the AC turned off. I am in the hotel now up at 2 AM and so mad that I am awake writing this review. Oh and I cannot get on the Internet because no access code was given at check in. This place needs to spend less time trying to be trendy and more time working on the basics.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank tzinnca
Nicholas P, Rooms Division Manager at Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
I would like to start by apologizing for the shortfalls that you experienced during your recent stay with us. I assure you that your comments are not taken lightly and we will be taking the appropriate steps to ensure that all items mentioned are addressed with our Executive Housekeeping Manager. In response to the wireless code, we do offer this at a rate of $9.95 for 24 hour access should our guests be interested in connecting, this can be setup by dialing 0 and speaking to one of our guest services agents. I would like to ask that you please contact me directly as I would like to discuss your stay with you in further detail.
Irvine, California
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed here for one night. The rooms are very new and nice. Had a cool look to it with the water features. Would stay there again. If I complained about the parking I would have to complain about every nice hotel we have stayed in. Yes I do think its rediculous for any hotel to charge you for parking. We were also dissapointed that restaurant and bar closed so early.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Nicholas P, Rooms Division Manager at Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit with us. As we are always striving to better the experiences of our guests I have passed your comments regarding the restaurant/bar off to our food and beverage manager for review. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Marina del Rey, California, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I love this hotel.The junior suite I stayed in was spacious, comfortable and equipped with everything you could possibly need, plus a charming, enclosed outdoor area complete with trees and chaise lounge!

I especially appreciate the excellent staff. Lorena in particular was so incredibly helpful and attentive to any request I made. People like Lorena make staying in a hotel feel like coming home.

I am going back today and frankly can't wait to check in! This hotel is a haven.

Room Tip: I've stayed in single rooms on higher floors and lately a ground floor junior suite. I recommend...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This was my first stay at what I consider an expensive hotel at 141 a night but realize in the total scheme of things is not that expensive. The staff was very nice to me. They were always very polite and very helpful. I did not have a car the 4 days I was there and their shuttle would drive you to any place within a 3 mile or so area of the hotel. The shuttle of course was busy doing airport pickups, but they always managed to work me in. The room was awesome. The parking valets and drivers were also very nice to me and would even chat with me when they had time. I would highly recommend this place. I also appreciated the breakfast vouchers that they handed out.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for one night and this was perfect from start to finish. The rooms are quiet, stylish and newly renovated, the staff is polite without being pretentious and the view from the swimming pool onto a large grassy courtyard and fountain is delightful.
Wyndham OC is still remodeling, but their work so far is outstanding! The lobby has a bar and floor to ceiling glass windows that look out onto (another) peaceful courtyard. It feels very much like a boutique hotel. The Silver Trumpet is delicious, elegant and peaceful. We WILL be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We booked a week here through Hotwire and got a great deal. We had a few problems with
Our room , but the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We were visiting relatives in the area
so really just slept at the hotel but were certainly very comfortable and will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#9 of 17 in Newport Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,512 reviews

Been to Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel? Share your experiences!