“Excellent Comfort Inn in Costa Mesa, California”
Review of BLVD Hotel

BLVD Hotel
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The service was excellent ... The room was clean and very convenient to the car and the breakfast area. TV was modern ... everything in the room worked perfectly ... great location for our trip and will definitely return another time to this place. We stay for 3 nights and 4 days with absolutely no problems at all. Brought the bathing suits but just didn't have time to get into the pool.

Room Tip: A good room is one that has a parking spot for your car only.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Annabel E

Reviewed 1 July 2012

The staff is great.....this is our 2nd yr staying at this hotel for vacation. Dave the night auditor and the general manager have the best customer service. Along with the maid service. Everyone at this place show you great hospitality. We will continue to come to this Comfort Inn for vacations to Newport Beach.

6  Thank K W
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Quick trip to escape the heat for a long weekend. Check-in was fine by this nice girl. Rooms are quite small. So very small in fact that you'll keep bumping into the bed attempting to get across the room. Good bed, fluffy towels with some stains, and the shower didn't drain well. Little noisy and on a tricky hard to get to frontage road. Overall a decent place with room for much improvement. Good for one night only.

9  Thank BooRadleyR
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Great service , very friendly , super clean always helpfull when I need directions or any other advice , don't have to wait for my room when I don't have recerbation ..

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Rivasevents
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank You for your review. We at Comfort Inn try our best to make sure every single guest gets the treatement the owner would want. We really appreciate your business and hope to make your future stays as comfortable as possible. Please feel free to contact our front desk if ou need anything at all.

Owner

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed there 10 nights. Super clean and comfortable room. The owner was on duty when we checked in. Very helpful and just comes across as one of those super-nice people. He did mention that they made a lot of changes when they bought it and made it much more family-friendly. That may explain why some of the older reviews are so negative, and the newer ones so positive. And it is 100% non-smoking. Nice continental breakfast including one of those cool waffle makers. Highly recommend and we definitely plan on staying there next time.

6  Thank Sid R
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our very best to please all of our guest. We look foward to having you stay with us again. Thank You

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights/5 days and we absolutely loved it! In fact, I even got sick and the manager was so incredibly helpful! I highly recommend this location and I can attest that the service and rooms are impeccable. Perhaps its under new management :) ... ?

6  Thank Jon G
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I arrived at the hotel and the location was scary. It looked like a place where prostitution was a every day occurrence. I canceled my reservation and was told because of the short notice I would be charged a day. That was fine; but when I got my credit card bill I was charged for one night and then some. I tried contacting management to have the charges removed; but to no avail. I have learned to check Tripadvisor before any reservations and hopefully I can get an idea of the type of place I will be staying in.

Room Tip: Under no circumstances do you stop; especially if you are a female traveling alone.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank cyntcoder
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

I am very sorry that you experience such an inconvenience with staying with us. We at Comfort Inn try our best to accommodate all of our guest with the best customer service possible. I will look into your complaint and get back to you shortly. Thank You for your comment.