“Great trip, good hotel”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Belleville, New Jersey
“Great trip, good hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I just returned from a 9 night trip to Newport Beach Staying at the Ramada Inn and I was very happy with my stay. After reading many reviews on this hotel I was a little nervous about what I was going to walk into but I have no complaints at all. Check-in was fast and easy, room was ready when we got there - we chose a room on the 3rd floor, room was clean with a comfortable king size bed, flat screen TV, mini fridge, the pool area was nice and clean - never saw any trash laying around or dirt in the pool. There were times when it would get a little noisy but that is to be expected at a pool at 3pm no matter where you are. We only spent a few hours at the pool the entire time but it was enjoyable, most of our time was spent at the beach or exploring the area. I went out for a morning run every morning and felt very safe in the area; its only about 1.5 miles down to the beach and you get a great view of the ocean as you go down Superior Ave towards PCH. There are lots of places to eat and shop near by and there is a supermarket right around the corner where we stocked up on water and snacks for our room.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there in the future, you get a really good deal for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ross S, General Manager at Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay at the Ramada Inn & Suites. We enjoy and wish all our guests have a great experience when staying with us
Have a great day and see you next time

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
phoenix
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Were here 6 nights for a team event. The property is way over-priced for dirty, worn condition and lack of management effort to address issues. Pool is literally in the middle of the parking lot. No grounds to speak of at all. Bed takes up most of room and lounge area in suites is similarly cramped. They rented to a large group of underage kids for our final nights and management refused to address their partying and disruption of other families' stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear MS32,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at the Ramada Inn and Suites. You and I have spoke regarding your issues. If you would like to speak more please give me a call 949-645-2221

Have a great day
Dallas
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were checked in by a guy named Josh; a very nice and accommodating man. He asked how our travel went, where we were coming from, etc.; then asked what floor we'd like to be on. We wanted to be on the first floor and have a king-size bed; and that was exactly what he gave us. The room had a good size with a refrigerator and a single-cup coffee maker. The single-serve coffee also tasted good, though it's not Starbuck coffee. There's no complimentary breakfast but there's a restaurant on site which we didn't use. Instead, we found a very close restaurant named Tom's Diner (or something similar) that served a full menu and the prices were very good. The only negative was the shower head which didn't put out constant warm water, alternating between hot and cold instead, and the water pressure was very low.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ross S, General Manager at Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Tommie P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback of your recent stay at the Ramada Inn and Suites Costa Mesa/Newport Beach. I am happy to hear our team provided you with exceptional service.
Let me apologize for the water pressure it is being corrected as we speak.

Regards,
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I was in room 130... The carpet was moist (yuck), mold on the tub, paint peeling on the ceiling and hooks and shelves were falling out of the walls. The other families said their rooms were fine. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Kristinerhee,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at the Ramada.
Let me apologize for the issues you encountered. That kind of service in product is not what we offer.
I went with my maintenance engineer and executive housekeeper to personally inspect the room. Unfortunately this room was not up to our standards. We have corrected all issues in this room.
I would like to personally invite you back as my guest for a 1 nt stay after summer is over.

Regards,
Costa Mesa
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Room was OK but toilet problems were not solved so moved to a different room.
Need more powerful air in room.
The front desk needs to make sure to up date computer as they gave another couple the same room and they walked right in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ross S, General Manager at Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Mary W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered.
I would like to get some more details if you could either email me at rstibor@ramadasuitesnewport.com or call 949-645-2221

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Mesa
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
#1 of 17 in Newport Beach
Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach

Been to Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach? Share your experiences!