“Better than average Mexican food”
Review of Taco Mesa

Taco Mesa
Ranked #23 of 509 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Galway, Ireland
“Better than average Mexican food”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Even though in Southern California there's a Mexican place at any corner, this is certainly above the average level for the quality of its food, as well as the inventiveness in the menu. And it's cheap!

There's very limited seating (and parking), but if you manage to sit outside with your friends, the bar scene is not too bad - even though you're basically eating on the street.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank A_Ciri

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Good food ”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped in to try it out, the reviews were very good. Three o us had dinner for about 50 dollars. The good was fresh and delicious. The baked cream cheese flan was amazing the churos were terrible though.

The soup tonight was chicken soup, it also was very good.

I recommend.

1 Thank Brian L
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tasting Mexican food ever!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

During our short stay, we had to go back, it was that good! Very casual but absolutely great food that is also very affordable!

• Visited December 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Mexican fast food in Orange County.”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

For the last twenty years, my wife and I have a rule; if we get within 50 miles of a Taco Mesa, we find a way to eat there. The menu is incredibly inventive. There are numerous, healthy menu options. The three house salsas are amazing. The avocado/tomatillo salsa may be the single best salsa I have ever eaten. We manage to make it to Taco Mesa at least four or five times a year, and I have never been disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jon N
Mission Viejo, California
“Best Cheap Mexican Food in OC”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

There are four Taco Mesa's in Orange County. They are very convenient to me. One is near my chiropractor, one is near my optometrist, one is near my sister's house and one is near my house. I make it a point to eat at each one as often as I can. The way they blend flavors is heavenly! Try the Salmon Paradiso! Something in the herbs and spices makes me crave their food. Everything is wonderful. There are several raving reviews and articles adorning the walls that have appeared in food magazines and newspapers. They have daily specials and everything new you try is fantastic. I usually sit there amazed that people are going into a well known cheap hamburger place next door, when all the great flavor is just a few steps away. The inside has very limited counter seating. Outside has about 8 tables and is covered, has heaters and plexiglass to keep the wind out. Bring your favorite sticker and slap it on the soda machine or trash can. Try to get there early as parking is limited.

• Visited October 2013