“Failed to honor reservation”
Review of Soprano's - CLOSED

Soprano's
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2012

On 8/6/2012 I made a reservation through Open Table for ten (10) people at 5 pm at Soprano's in Costa Mesa, Ca. I received an email confirming the reservation. We arrived at 4:30 this afternoon and were told that the restaurant would not open until 5:30 and that the chef would not be there until that time. The person at the restaurant was not at all concerned or apologetic about not being able to honor the reservation. When I returned home I found a phone message dated today at 4:06 pm advising that they wanted ot change the reservation to 6 pm. This restaurant had notice of our 5 pm reservation for six (6) days prior to our reservation but did not advise they would not be available until 54 minutes prior to the reservation. We are all very disapointed with Soprano's and Open Table.

We relocated down the street to Chow Chow and had a nice dinner with good service.

John Bolin

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I pulled up to this restaurant not knowing what to expect, but we entered a quaint authentic italian restaurant. The service was excellent. To food - amazing!

It's the perfect location for a small girls night out or a romantic date with a loved one. It's small and gets crowded, so I would suggest a reservation.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 30 September 2011

My sister and I had went for dinner. We arrived just as they were opening at 4:30. We were the only 2 people there the entire hour & half. Price's were reasonably priced so we ordered 2 of the specials, boy were we surprised when we got the bill. The halibut was nothing special, spaghetti was very bland like overcooked noodles with a jar of sauce. My dinner was 27.95 and my sister's veal was 25.95. Most of the dinner prices were 17 to 19 dollars except for the Cioppi (seafood soup) which was 25.00. We should have asked what the prices of the specials were and not just assume that they were a real special. It took an hour to get our meal after we ordered since a cater order had to go out before our dinner. They gave us a piece of carrot cake to share to appease us - don't order it. Summary of the story - Great visit with my sister but lousy overpriced dinner. We'll NEVER go back. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Reviewed 11 May 2010

Wow, what a bargain at this small neighborhood italian eatery. The special is with the purchase of a beverage. All pasta dishes are made fresh and the ambience....
Limited seating, call ahead and make a reservation. The also offer dinner specials. MeuterMedia news from around the world.

Reviewed 4 September 2009

set in strip center off newport blvd., its been a favorite of our family for 10 years. i believe its family run, and service is always friendly and attentive. very east coast menu, pasta and pizza, are some of best around. a great lunch deal that they just started, any entree $5.
its a good stop for lunch, plenty of parking. always see alot of same people there.
kid and dog friendly