“Check it out: Soprano's is becoming Filomena's Italian Kitchen!”
Review of Soprano's - CLOSED

Soprano's
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
California
“Check it out: Soprano's is becoming Filomena's Italian Kitchen!”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The new owner has changed their menu and it is really outstanding. We wanted a special dining experience for our friends from the Netherlands while they were in California. . Filomena's was by far the best restaurant we went to. We tried several of the daily specials -- each one was delicious! The soup of the day was excellent, as were the salads and desserts. Try this restaurant, you will be glad you did!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank shelm1

Costa Mesa, California
“Great company”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Soprano's...soon to be Filomena's, is a hidden treasure. There's always great company paired with wonderful food. The new owner is of true Italian decent...so she knows what she's doing. I recently found this place and fell in love with the "cheers" feel of the place. Great service and delicious food!

• Visited March 2013
Long Beach, California
“Failed to honor reservation”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

On 8/6/2012 I made a reservation through Open Table for ten (10) people at 5 pm at Soprano's in Costa Mesa, Ca. I received an email confirming the reservation. We arrived at 4:30 this afternoon and were told that the restaurant would not open until 5:30 and that the chef would not be there until that time. The person at the restaurant was not at all concerned or apologetic about not being able to honor the reservation. When I returned home I found a phone message dated today at 4:06 pm advising that they wanted ot change the reservation to 6 pm. This restaurant had notice of our 5 pm reservation for six (6) days prior to our reservation but did not advise they would not be available until 54 minutes prior to the reservation. We are all very disapointed with Soprano's and Open Table.

We relocated down the street to Chow Chow and had a nice dinner with good service.

John Bolin

• Visited August 2012
Newport Beach, California
“Strange Location, excellent indoor atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I pulled up to this restaurant not knowing what to expect, but we entered a quaint authentic italian restaurant. The service was excellent. To food - amazing!

It's the perfect location for a small girls night out or a romantic date with a loved one. It's small and gets crowded, so I would suggest a reservation.

Enjoy!

Visited September 2011
Costa Mesa, California
“rip off”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My sister and I had went for dinner. We arrived just as they were opening at 4:30. We were the only 2 people there the entire hour & half. Price's were reasonably priced so we ordered 2 of the specials, boy were we surprised when we got the bill. The halibut was nothing special, spaghetti was very bland like overcooked noodles with a jar of sauce. My dinner was 27.95 and my sister's veal was 25.95. Most of the dinner prices were 17 to 19 dollars except for the Cioppi (seafood soup) which was 25.00. We should have asked what the prices of the specials were and not just assume that they were a real special. It took an hour to get our meal after we ordered since a cater order had to go out before our dinner. They gave us a piece of carrot cake to share to appease us - don't order it. Summary of the story - Great visit with my sister but lousy overpriced dinner. We'll NEVER go back. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2011