“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Coulterville B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

This was a lovely place in such a beautiful remote location. The room was spacious and well equipped. Margi was an exceptional host who prepared the best breakfasts ever. Although an hours drive into Yosemite the drive is nice.

• Stayed October 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Miami Springs, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I was looking for a quiet night at what could have been a delightful B&B. Unfortunately, I had to change My plans then cancel. I contacted their GM M. Tanner on Oct 18 asking them to cancel. I got no response. They never acknoledge it or anything. I waited 10 day and I had to cancel through the website that i booked and THEY KEPT THE ENTIRE AMOUNT FOR THE STAY. BE CAREFUL THEY WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR!!! BEWARE . THEY DID NOT REFUND ANYTHING

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Very comfortable & homely in a fantastic location which is rural and a little remote. Make sure you have Margi's directions and avoid arriving after dark if possible (our specific failures!). Its distance from Yosemite NP is not a problem despite being around 25-30 miles. Elegant & extensive breakfasts set you up for the day. Video library available if you get tired of sitting out on the balcony drinking wine from your fridge enjoying the moonlit vistas. All home comforts to hand.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I scoured websites looking for accommodation within reach of Yosemite. Based on reviews I chose the Lookout B&B. Our two days at the Lookout were wonderful. Margi is a super host and went out of her way to make us feel welcome at her "Inn". The views were great, the breakfasts outstanding, the rooms welcoming and her advice on where to go and where to dine in the area, invaluable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This place is very cute and quiet, and the breakfast was wonderful.

However, when we got there the power was messed up. This meant no showers, which I'd really been looking forward to. I almost wouldn't mention it, but it seems like this wasn't a one time occurrence from the way she talked about it. Also not thrilled about the extra fee for only staying one night.

This didn't bother me, but my husband seemed bugged by it so I'll mention it: can't wear your shoes in the house.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ceebab
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We wanted to stay at a place near Yosemite that was quiet and peaceful. This was my first time staying at a Bed & Breakfast and I must say, from the moment we arrived we noticed the warmth and attention to detail. We were greeted by Margi who went out of her way to make us feel at home. The place was nicely decorated and very clean. She showed us to our room upstairs which had a great view and was very well lit and cozy. The bed was very comfortable and every morning we woke up to an amazing breakfast prepared by Margi. She also suggested we rent a CD which narrated some key spots on our way to Yosemite. The CD was very good in informing us about our surroundings as we drove to Yosemite Park the next day!
Overall, I would definitely recommend this B&B. I am planning on coming back and bring my parents next time! :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed here as we left it too late to book accom in Yosemite and wanted the kids to experience a b and b. We came during a heat wave and it was very welcome to have the air con going in our room. We stayed in the Lookout room which had a lovely deck and views of Lake Mclure. The beds were incredibly comfortable thanks to the memory foam and the kids were accommodated in a single and trundle type bed. Great bathroom with lots of space. Cute touch to have a collection of VHS for the little TV.
Breakfasts were marvelous. Margi catered for our daughter who only eats eggs in pancakes or french toast without complaint. The eggs Benedict were excellent as was the coffee . It was great the way Margi asked what sort of drinks we wanted to have in the fridge and also the supply of bottled water was really nice. Compliments to the brewer as my husband enjoyed the beer. Margi was very helpful and knowledgable about Yosemite and we heeded her advice not to drive straight through to Vegas. (thanks Margi)All in all, we really enjoyed our three nights here and would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in a quality, charming bed and breakfast.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coulterville
Rush Creek Lodge
#2 of 7 in Groveland
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B
INNS of California-Sonora

Been to Penon Blanco Lookout? Share your experiences!