“avoid this hotel....”

Ranked #1 of 3 Pyrgadikia B&B and Inns
Thessaloniki, Greece
“avoid this hotel....”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I would like to share with all you my experience at Assa Inn: On Monday 15/7/2013, through booking.com, I found the hotel Assa Inn in Pyrgiadikia and after checking
1). availability for 20 and 21 July, 2013
2). reviews
I called the hotel and I booked for the above dates.
After consultation with them on 16/07/2013 via e-banking, I tabled the price for the first night 65 euros.
On Saturday 20/7/2013 at 15:30, I arrived at the hotel along with my mother (75years old), to rest and then get ready to attend at 7pm in a baptism, which was the occasion for beautiful holidays.

I could not find anyone at the hotel and had to call the phone number I had.
After 10 minutes waiting appeared responsible and told me <a. Welcome .. unfortunately I made a mistake and I have no room available, but you'll go a bit more down to Mr. Vasilis to stay tonight and tomorrow I will have room, so, come back here.
I was dumbfounded and asked her if she's serious ...
She replied what to do was a mistake but you suited elsewhere.
Got into my car and went to see where and how suited us ...
The accommodation, that she proposed was infinitely inferior to the Assa Inn and I refused saying: It does not even air conditioning!!!
We went back to the Assa Inn and I explained to her that solution must be found soon.
She promised to find a solution.
After half an hour of suffering in the heat, informed me that our only option was Mr Vasilis.
Because after the irresponsibility that I saw not believed her .. I started looking via phone, hotel for the area.
I finally found room with air-condition in Pyrgadikia Paradise and asked how to get there and also I asked my money back.
She replied that she could not give me the money back at this time, she would come with me until Pyrgadikia Paradise and there she will return the money.
Indeed we arrived at Pyrgadikia Paradise. I was followed with the owner of Assa Inn and her son, and I went to see the room in which to get in, I had to done 20 steps, something easy for me, but difficult for my mother ...
In the absurd comment from them, that it is not better than Mr. Vasilis, finally I flustered and I said strongly that we already afflicted much and it would be better to leave than to make comments like that.
Then the son of the owner of Assa Inn, told me to change my tone because it has armrests and he may be more frustrated.
To my comment, that, they should instead threatens to apologize to customers who suffer from their own mistakes ... replied << customers succeed >>.
This was ...
I asked them to leave and I refused their proposal to pay the Pyrgadikia Paradise for one night and the next day to go back to Assa Inn, saying that they will talk with my lawyer.
Around 6pm with nerves rags, and a mother almost sick from the heat and discomfort, we started running to get ready, hopefully catch the babtism.
And since we catch the event with only 15 minutes delay, I told my self to forget the hassle and have fun!
But the lady of the Assa Inn and her son did not intend to leave me ....
Telephone by Mrs (responsible at Assa Inn) .....
Phone from the tourist police Poligirou where a gentleman that, refusing to give me his name, informed me that the son of the owner at Assa Inn, is a colleague of him, and they wish the episode to be ended ...... << truth, nobody told his name, like they were criminals >> and the long awaited beautiful holidays became incredibly tiring and frustrating......
Thanks so much the lady of Assa Inn and her son, who belongs to the tourist police as I was informed by the anonymous colleague (information, which if true explains the audacity of them) for a missing holidays. Conclusions are yours....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank ANNA L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Very nice place for vacation ( with or without children) and a spectaculare view which can make you leave all your worries behind!
The couple who run the place is very helpfull, kind and try their best to keep everyone satisfed...
One of the elit is that the pool which must try has water from the sea, nicelly done.
Best regards to the oweners.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ailouroi
Ivrea, Italy
Reviewed 13 September 2011

If you need a clear blue sea and great Greek specialties far from the rest of the world, go to Assa Inn Apartments: the owners Eleni and Stoikos Papastoikos will make you feel like home!
Assa Inn rooms are very nice, located in one unique building surrounded by olive and fig trees, all with sea view: breakfast included plus daily cleaning makes it a great deal!
All apartments are fully equipped with kitchen, but if you want a complete relax, Mrs.Eleni can cook tipical Greek dinners at the pool bar, food is home made, good quality, better than "tabernas" around, and convenient price.
And the pool bar is opened also in the night offering good cocktails, especially nice Mojito done with mint leaves just picked for the plant!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Viuska
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pyrgadikia
Assa Maris Bomo Club Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ormos Panagias
Krotiri Beach Resort
Krotiri Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Agios Nikolaos

Been to Assa Inn? Share your experiences!