“Not worth the money!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Me and my husband visited this evening when arrived we sat down we waited for 10 minutes in that time at least 4 staff walked passed us and said nothing. Eventually someone came took our order we ordered the table table sharing platter well when it Arrived it wasn't worth having literally there were only 4 nachos with a bit of salsa on it, the rest wasn't worth having. I don't feel this was worth £9 more like £6. I asked the waitress has it always been that small she said yes. Really! Once we finished we asked for the bill this was done prompt but waited to pay so went up to the bar to pay. There was two staff at till not doing anything they ignored us and served someone else we waited 10 minutes pay. I will not be recommending this place to any of my friends or family absolute shame! :-(

1  Thank Samantha B

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Staff were polite if a bit slow. The food was a mix the mains terrible luke warm the burgers dry and chips old and dry but the puddings were great. We ended up going up to pay at the till because we waited so long for them to collect it from us and it wasnt even that busy.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Popped in recently with friends for quick meal. This is your average pub fare type of place. Waiter very pleasant and helpful, not rushing us in any way. Husband and I ordered sharing platter for starter and this was ok. The main course was where it went downhill for me, I had scampi and chips, the chips were lukewarm and the scampi hot but not crisp. My husband had half roast chicken and this was dry. We had coffee to follow and I asked for cream with mine which I got. It is marketed as costa coffee, but I felt it was weak and nowhere near as good as costa in Hythe. All in all, a below average meal, even tho staff were pleasant.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Superb service, friendly staff, nice atmosphere, good quality well presented food. My wife and I have used this restaurant many times over the last 5 years and its always been up to a reasonable standard but our last two visits have shown us they have improved in all areas to a very impressive standard. I think they must have a new chef because the food was perfect in every way and staff were brilliant...

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We have not used this restaurant for a while as service has been poor too often, however the staff, especially Kate, made the birthday lunch very special. An alcove setting allowed the party to feel as though it was a private event. The food was very good, from beef and ale pie which was well presented and tasted even better to the roast beef with a hint of red just as requested, to the chocolate fudge cake and ice cream which was multi layered, moist and the choice for any sweet tooth that remains after Christmas.