“Lousy”

Dallas, Texas
“Lousy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Positives:

The grand lobby appears leftover from a Doubletree? The property was once a nicer hotel.

Negatives:

- the wifi most definitely does not work. I use a lot of hotel wifi set-ups, so I am familiar with all of them. This one just did not connect or stay connected.
- the rooms were probably last remodeled pre-recession and now are dirty, chipped,stained and tired. The bath had mold, a non-operating shower head and a bubbling ceiling.
- the jerk who put a dent in my rental car in the lot.
- no non-hotel food options in walking distance. The on-site restaurant has huge prices... for what, the stuck tourists?

So sorry for the busloads of Asian tourists that seem to end up here.

Room Tip: Away from the noisy pool, and not along the freeway
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Vanllee Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your recent stay. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Park Inn standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Expect more from Radisson brand would not recommend especially for business travel.
Internet did allow any work in room or meeting room. Staff very unresponsive and unprofessional. Condition of property extremely poor.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ritesome

Travellers are raving about these Covina hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

So we have stayed here before. Alway encountering a problem. But this time is the worst. Long drive to get here. To find that our room was given to someone else. I spoke with a person on the phone that I required ground floor only. I suffer from stress related asthma. They could not accommodate my request..even tho I had a cconversation about needing a ground floor. So they put me on the 3rd floor. Which now has made me ill. Maybe they can get another room. These people that run this hotel need to sharpen up on taking care of things of this nature. Upper management needs to ck in on these idiots. Nice way to ruin our event..thanks park inn..:-((

• Stayed June 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Vanllee Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Park Inn standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here twice in one week; the first time for one night, the second for three nights, and had two different rooms, both of which were suites. Based on online reviews I requested rooms that had been recently renovated, and I think this was a really good call. Even these rooms clearly need updating, but were not in bad shape.

Room: The rooms were adequate. They were clean, but in need of some repair. For example, there was missing caulk on door trims, a broken showerhead, and the TP roll in one room popped off for no reason. The furniture was older, vintage 1970s bedroom suites and older sofas and chairs. One of the rooms had an iron but no ironing board, and one was missing the coffee maker (when I asked for one, it was brought to me without any problem). Of the four TVs in the two suites, only one was a flat screen, the others were older. One of my rooms overlooked the bar/restaurant, which has live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights until midnight; if you're staying one of those nights and will be bothered by the noise, ask for a room away from there.

Amenities. I got the Bed & Breakfast special, which included comp. breakfast. This was standard fare, with hot and cold items, breads, etc. I overheard a staff member saying that the cook would make an omelet to order. The fruit bowl was all canned peaches, pears, fruit cocktail, etc., which was really disappointing. Part of the B&B special was a free (ie, $15 credit) in-room movie.

INTERNET: Though comp. internet is listed as a benefit, I had a really terrible time getting access--of all the many hours there when I could have been working, I was only able to get internet access for about 30 minutes. The staff told me that they rebooted the servers/routers several times, but to no avail. If you're hoping to have internet access via laptop in order to get work done while here, stay somewhere else. I had no problem accessing the wireless with my Android smartphone, however.

Staff. The staff was very helpful and friendly, but unable to resolve issues like the internet. The front desk sent a facilities engineer (!) to help me with my laptop, but the first thing he said to me was "I don't really know what I'm doing, but I use my laptop here at night." He did manage to get me on for 30 minutes, but then it was gone again. For the internet problems the front desk staff reduced my final night's bill by $30.

Overall facilities. This is an older mission-style place, with a nice courtyard inside the hotel with a pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: Ask for recently-renovated rooms. Ask for rooms away from the bar/restaurant if staying on a Fri or...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Got this thru Priceline. Was put in room 330 way in the back. Stains on carpet look like dog pooh. I covered the stains with napkin so I don't get to see it. Couldn't sit on the couch either, stained also. Only stayed one night. Nice king size bed though.

• Stayed April 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Located between LA and San Bernardino with easy freeway On/Off access on I-10. Though grounds and Lobby are nice the rooms could use some updating. Heard that Radisson acquired this property so maybe it's on their long term goals to update this location. Nice rooms none the less. The rooms are of the suite variety. King bed in private room with sleeper sofa in sitting area. Had a micro and mini fridge. Furniture in need of replacement. We had an office chair (one with leather, swivel and high back) in bedroom for the desk but you couldn't sit in it without fear of falling over. The TV's had horrible reception. Shower head could be replaced. Would cause more air movement making it hard to keep shower curtain to stay in one place without splashing water onto the bathroom floor. Nice restaurant on premises for breakfast and dinner. We didn't eat there but they were helpful in providing us with utensils and plates when we had ordered out for pizza one night. Free Wi-Fi available in rooms and computers in lobby though very slow browsers. Staff was nice. Pool and hot tub with lounge chairs. We were there in March and the temps hit 82 degrees one day and the pool area was signed as only open from Memorial weekend to Labor day weekend. Really? We're from Wisconsin and expect to see that from where we live but in California?
Very tropical feel with all the trees and such but would like to see some daily grounds clean up. Like clean up of the fallen leaves and debris off the pathways and stairs.
LA a 20-40 min drive depending on traffic and a nice drive up into the mountains 20min away through the town of Azusa. We stayed here only on the reason of using points from Radisson membership but the room and free parking was well worth it.
Parking is hit and miss because there are conference rooms they rent out and at 7am the lot is pretty much empty but by 8am there isn't an open spot to be seen. Came back from a long day in LA one night and almost had to resort to parking on the street. Found one spot but then came back down just a short time later and everyone was gone. I don't know where they put so many people but they come and go at a moments notice.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room to be had.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covina
BEST WESTERN PLUS West Covina Inn
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina
Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina
Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex

Been to Vanllee Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!