There are only a few choices for accommodations in Oslob, primarily known for its whale shark encounter, and even fewer that are online. I really liked how secluded and how peaceful the overall vibe of the resort is. Here are the highlights of this resort:
1) Friendly and accommodating staff, very patient and knowledgeable of the island
2) Large spacious rooms with modern amenities (satellite television, air conditioning, & water heaters)
3) Beautiful balcony overlooking the sea
4) Good value for money (booked through Agoda and they gave us free breakfast even though it wasn't included in our package)
5) Delicious food, might seem pricey at first but the servings are very generous
6) Very reasonable price for their van rentals, I highly suggest you avail of this additional service. It's difficult to haggle with the trikes servicing the area, so just save the time and effort looking and negotiating with one.
My only negative points or possible room for improvement would be:
1) WiFi does not reach the room, only on the lobby and restaurant area.
2) There aren't any convenient electrical sockets, I unplugged the TV and refrigerator to recharge my camera and phone.
TIP: if you're going to Oslob, avoid the 4 hour bus ride to Cebu city by flying in and/or out from Dumaguete Airport. Upon arrival, take the ferry going to Oslob and turn left from the port, Eden resort is just a 5 minute walk from there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Resort, Sumilon Island Hotel Sumilon Island