“Awful experience”
Review of Aaron Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oslob
Aaron Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 21 Oslob B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“Awful experience”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I have made the reservation during easter holiday ,2014. In between , we have few email and confirmation on my booking .They were nice to answer my questions on my travel plan concerning the transportation in email as well.

HOWEVER, when i arrived oslob in front of their hostel. NIGHTMARE happened.
Since it took us 4 hours to oslob due to the busy traffic dring easter holiday, i arrived there at 9 pm.

When i arrived,they told me the room i booked was under construction and no room was available for me!

I was pretty sure that they actually sold our room to others instead.They had not sent me any email in notifiying about the unavailability of the room ever. Since it was easter holiday,local people went to oslob for vacation as well, rooms were really fully occupied. As a result, i was wandered around at 10 pm in Oslob with my empty stomach.

The staff was trying to find a room for us but only room which available were those pretty expensive one or very poorly set up.Staff was with no intention to compensate us a room and given the price differences.Instead they just led us around the street and even asked us to pay for the taxi fare when they led us around! Finally, a room was offered with very very poorly set up but asking us the same price we intended to pay in aaron!

Think clearly before you make a reservation in aaaron because you may come up with no place to stay. Trust me, you will be very trouble to have no place to stay in rural place like Oslob.

P.S. dont ever think about going to oslob during easter holiday. It was their BIG festival as well.Lots of local people go there and make oslob a very crowded place. We were very pity that we couldn't see the whaleshark finally as they told us to wait for at least three hours .We gave that up since whaleshark should already be fed quite full for consistently three hours .

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bubucar

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Booked there as they are one of the resorts closest to the whale shark snorkeling area. We booked their AC room for ph1,500. Very small room, filthy, had a cockroach inside the drawer, the bathroom is really small and the hot and cold shower does not work. Have to use the bucket to take a bath, barely any water pressure for the shower. Pillows thin, bed hard. Staff are nice.
The only consolation is the whale watching experience. We told them we are planning to go to panglao beach after the whale watching in the morning. They recommended to use the direct boat ride from their beach front straight to panglao beach which is ph1,000 per person. As we are crunched in time, we agreed. We waited for 2.5 hours then told us there was no boat, so we have to hurry t try to catch the ferry from Argao. It was a very stressful day that took away the fun from the morning snorkeling. All in all, I will not recommend the place, better stay downtown, then take a ride to do the whale watching.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Oslob hotels

Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here early June. We showed up in Oslob with no reservation about 9pm. One of the staff was right outside the place sitting down and asked us if we wanted a room. We got the info and decided to look down the street to check out other places. Brumini was nice looking, but $500p moreso we went back to Aarons. The room was decent (Room 5) The AC was alright, but the room never got cool. Wifi was free and worked fine. They definitely need to upgrade the shared bathroom though. The sink didn't work. There was no soap. The toilet worked luckily. I didn't even try to shower there so cant speak on that. They did provide the whalewatching tour quite well. They're very close to the briefing area. We woke up at 545a and were in the water by 630.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NickThomasTCB
Annecy, France
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I spent a night in june 2014 to see whale sharks. Unless you pay only 100 pesos, i don't think you get for your money with these rooms with no charm, with a broken shower, with an extra-charge for the internet, with unfriendly staff which doesn't speak english and which try to add lines to your bill (make a double check before you pay). The managers think that they are in front of the spot and so, they don't make any effort.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Bazpacker
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in rooms 2, 3, and 4 because they will only allow 2 persons per room. A child below 10 years old is considered one person.

My mom and I stayed in room #2. The shower didn't work. There was no water heater. There's no water coming out of the sink faucet. The toilet didn't flush. The only thing that worked was the faucet under the shower head. But they did provide a pail for flushing.

Room #3 still has no water heater but everything else in the bathroom worked as it should. But the room's door cannot be locked from the inside. My brother-in-law gave me the room key so I could lock them in from the outside and I handed the key back through the window.

Room #4 was the best room of the bunch. Everything worked and it even has a water heater for the shower. We all lined up to take our showers in this room. Water pressure was sketchy though. If other rooms open their faucet, the water stream drops to a trickle.

Food in the resort was also disappointing. If they got my clubhouse sandwich all wrong, I didn't stick around for dinner. We went over to Brumini resort a few meters down the highway and had our dinner there. There were several food stalls in their parking area that sell ready cooked food and they can also cook your food the way you want it. Dinner was good. We returned the following day to have our breakfast here as well. Brumini resort, I was told, has hot showers, wifi and satellite tv. There might be better resorts in the area but I can only give my opinion on Aaron and Brumini.

We went there to see the whale sharks and Aaron beach resort did provide good service regarding this. The boatmen were very friendly and they took charge of the rented underwater camera and advised us where to submerge ourselves to get good pictures with the gentle giants. Whale watching experience -- AMAZING!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Regi_grace
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked this resort knowing it was very basic. There didn’t seem to be too many options and it was next to the whaleshark interaction area and on the beach. There are 4 basic rooms which are lined up on a right angle from the beach. I had presumed they faced the beach, instead they faced a dusty stony carpark. When we arrived the area in front of the rooms was full of tents and cars. It was extremely busy. It’s the place where locals go for the weekend. The ones who didn’t sleep in tents slept in the beachfront gazebos. Everyone was cooking in front or eating takeaway, cleaning dishes, their teeth, etc from the tap. We could hear loud music and talking until at least 3am in the morning. The best thing about the room was the shower had really good water pressure and was a perfect temperature.

I was up at 5.45am to organize our whaleshark interaction before it got too busy. The whale shark interaction was extremely well organised. We paid a 1000 peso each and were taken by boat to the whaleshark briefing area next door. We received a comprehensive brief on what we could and could not do. Anyone who had applied sunscreen was asked to take a shower before going in the water to protect the whalesharks. Most people viewed the whalesharks from small outriggers which were tied to a line so as not to interfere with the whalesharks. All the boats in the whaleshark area were non motorised and just used to paddles to protect the whalesharks. A maximum of 6 people are allowed in the water with one whaleshark, but there was never that many people. There are a few outrigger boats which move along feeding the whalesharks , which was close enough for the people in the boats to view them, but far enough away so the whalesharks aren’t annoyed. If you touch a whaleshark the penalty is imprisonment and there are signs everywhere reminding people to protect the reef because that’s where the whaleshark main source of food comes from. We could see up to four large whalesharks at one time. They were in water shallow enough, so there is no need to go scuba diving even though we are divers. I had heard negative views about feeding whalesharks in Oslob, but really enjoyed the experience and thought it was really well arranged with the whalesharks interests in mind. It employs hundreds of hundreds of people in the village who understand the importance of sustainable fishing. While there is still illegal dynamite fishing and shark fishing still happening all over Asia, this is a Win/Win situation for this part of the Philippines.

We had booked four nights, but checked out at 9.00am the next morning and went to Moalboal. As much as I wanted to stay longer for more whaleshark interactions. We couldn’t get internet access to research other places in the area, but I would consider Eden Resort if I ever went back, even though it’s 30 minutes from the whaleshark interaction area. I would have liked to stay in Oslob longer, but it was just too busy on the weekend. They was no where to just hang out during the day, so most people seem to just stay one night. I’m presuming it would be quieter mid week.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AusFrequentTraveller
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked here thinking that this might be the one place in the Philippines that will be a bit of a let down as the photos did not look very appealing. We got convinced at the airport to take a taxi to Oslob because the buses were this way and that way and what not what not. Here's my advise - take a taxi to the bus station (it takes 45min) and get on the next bus to Oslob. There are many and it will only cost 130 PhP instead of 2600php. It did not bother me but if you are on a budget of some sorts then take the bus. It will drop you off right in front of Aaron' s Resort and it is as fast as a taxi. The rooms are basic but comfortable and the setting is right on the beach. Romeo is the man to know there. If he is not busy taking orders, he is saving divers, organising tours or bikes or whale sharks, you name it. You can do a shark dive or snorkel any time until noon. I personally think that snorkeling here is better because the water is shallow and the sharks are mainly on the surface. It is better to go in the morning before the crowds arrive. At the same time I must add that most of the crowd stay in their respective boats because they probably can't swim. As a diver and lover of nature I have mixed feelings about this experience - on the one hand it is almost a man made attraction, but on the other it is an AMAZING experience. Stay at Aaron's for easy access.

Room Tip: Room #1 is closest to the beach.