“One of the coolest places I've ever stayed”

Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Crestline B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I can't recall how I found this place online, but I'm sure glad I did! My wife, kids and I were looking for something to do the week of my wife's birthday, so we decided 2 days at a cabin somewhere in the woods would do the trick. I think I stumbled upon the website www.theplacetorelax.com, and it was the beginning of an experience that will keep me coming back. After researching the cabins, reading some reviews, and finding their winter special that made our second night in the cabin half price, we thought 'Let's go check it out!'

Upon arrival, and just at the time the little ones were ready to get out of the car and run around like tornados, we were greeted by the front desk clerk, and she informed us that we were upgraded for free to the corner cabin that had a fenced in yard and a back deck, so the kids could have some space. Upgrades are always a great way to start off a mini vacation. We were given the keys, told to feel free to come and grab a movie from their extensive collection of VHS tapes and Dvd's from the office, and headed off to check out the cabin. Usually when I walk into a hotel room--and I travel about 4 months out of the year, so I see quiet a few of them--I don't really feel anything special other than thankful that I'm finally going to get to wash up and rest a bit, but walking into this cabin really set the tone for a relaxing 2 days in the mountains. Every little decoration from the half log flower pots on the walls to the wooden mantel, made it really feel like you were taking a step out of time and placing yourself into a simpler era, which is really what a vacation is all about--to eliminate as many elements that remind you of the daily grind as possible, and allow you to create memories in a place that is as different and unique as the time you intend to have there. Being as we chose to go in Feb as well, the cold weather made the time next to the fireplace well spent.

As far as the cabin itself, the amenities, especially for the kitchen were awesome. Everything you could need including measuring cups, a toaster, fridge, GAS range (heaven!), forks, knives, plates and on and on are there for you. We brought a crockpot up to cook a nice meal in, and everything else was taken care of. The water pressure in the kitchen sink was a bit low, so washing dishes took a bit of time, but hell, I'm wasn't in a hurry and the family was smiling. I don't know where the reviewer was coming from that gave this place a bad review based off the lightbulbs being too low, but mine were fine and there's plenty of lighting to go around. I'm sure this place sees it's share of LA snobs that think they are staying at one of the luxury suites at the Andaz, but when you go to a cabin in the woods, expect to get a CABIN IN THE WOODS.

The bathroom was modern, in that is was white, clean and had plenty of towels and soap to go around. Water pressure for the shower and the sink were excellent and the water was plenty hot. The bed in the bedroom was like sinking into a bubble bath, and if you are looking for a place where a family of four can each have 5 pillows, this is it! The mattress on the futon was a bit firmer than the one in the bedroom, but a comfortable sleep just the same.

The town itself was a site to see...it was raining, so we didn't get to do much exploring the second day, but the first day we did the hike to Heart Rock. The cabin staff provided us with pre printed step by step directions as to how to get there by car, where to park and where to start the hike, as well as what landmarks and trail splits to look for until you reach your destination. Nice touch:)

Overall I can't wait to come back and see what the summertime weather offers, and hopefully spend more time exploring and of course to stay more than 2 days. Thanks to the staff for all their help and information about the town, and I highly recommend Sleepy Hollow to anyone coming up to this area for a stay. Cheers!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sean D

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was such a pleasure to stay in a super clean cozy cabin. So many times you get there and it's not what you hoped for. That didn't happen here!! It was clean, quite and cozy, loved having a fire place. It was just a short walk to the lake, the fishing was great. We will be back, already have a summer reservation!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Jody G
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were a large group of family and friends in town for a wedding, and reserved the Back House (Gregory's Den, Briarwood, and Chestnut) along with several other rooms. Staff members were helpful, friendly and accommodating, and everything was clean and in good working order. Great location too!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hmsavage
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here on a whim as we were passing through and the location caught our attention. Easy walking distance to most parts of town and good facilities. Staff couldn't do enough to help us and made us feel very welcome. Rooms themselves have a warm, rustic feel to them but fittings are modern. Great all round.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Adamaero
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We wanted to stay in Crestline for a Saturday night, spur of the moment, to check out the area for a future gathering. Sleepy Hollow said "yes", and when we got there on a cold foggy afternoon Jeff gave us an upgraded cabin room, which he told us had better heat. The room was upstairs, cozy, with all we needed. Towels could have used some fabric softener. Had we asked in time, he would have heated the outdoor hot tub for us. Location in town was fine. We'll come again.

2  Thank Likes_Moose
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Just returned from another perfect stay from one of our favorite cabins "Grey Squirrel" at Sleepy Hollow. There is a spectacular new deck off the bedroom accessible from two large sliding glass doors which lets in light and the beautiful scenery view. The new lighting is also more complimentary. And we got a peek at where we'll stay next time, spacious "Cozy Corner" with its new deck and kitchen countertop. Trina has an eye toward smart upgrades and it's always good to see her, Nancy (missed you this time, Nancy!), Jeff, and Sam when we're there. This is a great place, can't recommend it enough. It always feels like home.

Room Tip: If you haven't done so already, consider staying in one of the cabins.
2  Thank richcurtaa
Reviewed 18 November 2013

When we go to "the mountains," we normally go to Lake Arrowhead. We attended a wedding in Crestline, and decided to stay the night. After researching lodging options on TripAdvisor, we decided to try Sleepy Hollow. My expectations were somewhat low, but this place is a gem! We had Room #3, and found it to be very pleasant. The staff is great, too. We are actually thinking about coming back again, just to relax and enjoy the setting. My only advice is to bring your own bar soap or shower gel. The mini soap bars provided leave a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Room 3 was great. Room 1 is right next to the busy street, and looks like it might be noisy for lig...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
The North Shore Inn
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Arrowhead Tree Top Lodge
Arrowhead Tree Top Lodge
#4 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel? Share your experiences!