“No Second Chance On First Impression”

Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Crestline B&B and Inns
california
“No Second Chance On First Impression”
Reviewed 1 September 2008

After two nights at this place I would NEVER return under any circumstances. For the following reasons:
Office closed at 7pm and could not find any staff.
Does not reopen until 11am after which you are suppose to be checked out of the room and GONE!
First night was spent on a coiled top matteras...after complaning to owner/manager she felt we were JUST complaining...until she notice the matteras was installed upside down. NO APOLOGY WAS GIVEN.
When room was cleaned next morning all we got was towels... coffee pot and dirty cups half filled were still there along with the trash etc.
A/C was blocked to go no lower than 72 degress it was in the 90's with humidity of 75%. Windows were permanetly sealed shut with no way of opening for AIR.
No deadbolts or added security other than a cheap lock that after the 2nd day our keys would not work to unlock. We found a staff member and she located the "master key" which also wouldn't work! Maintenance staff had to be called in and after waiting we were able to enter with no APOLOGY AGAIN!!
The lasting words of the owner- Trina was "If you didn't like the place there is the highway". That was after we damaged our car on a low bricked step and they were unwilling to listen to a suggestion for improvement. The parking lot was near impossible to drive in and park in a limited space due to small spacing.
Many other guests shared their similar complaints and also said they would NOT return.
I would not even let me mother in law stay there.
This is the first review I have ever written and I can usually accept slight problems but her attitude and staff customer service was appauling! I am sure there are many other places in Crestline that would love our business long with yours.
The previous review must of be written by the owner herself... no one would of given that place A+ in any area.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — all the rule, limitations and rudeness of staff
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank wkmc
ownr, owner at Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2008
I would like to respond to this unfair review from this customer. First, I live on site as the owner/operator, and each guest is verbally notified at check in that I can be reached by dialing extension 100 from their room at any time. Guests are given a paper at check in with that in writing as well. Should they forget, it is also listed on a neon paper in the room next to their phone. Yes, the office closes at 7pm(like all of my surrounding mountain hotels) but anyone who needs anything can call 24 hours a day and get what they need. Our maid service requirements are also communicated three times to our guests. As a "green" hotel we ask our customers to hang their maid service sign outside their door by 11am if they require service and we will gladly clean their room to our highest standards. This customer never had requested service during their stay. I greeted the customers as they were leaving their room the first morning they were hear and asked how their night was. The woman said the bed was uncomfortable. I informed her that all of our mattresses are just a year old and that I hadn’t had any other complaints but that I would add padding and blankets to make her more comfortable. I decided to switch out her mattress to the very newest one we had and went through the trouble of carrying a brand new Cal King mattress from the second story to make her happy. While in her room, even though she did not request any maid service, we changed her towels out for new ones. Hours later while our guests were at the lake and the parking lot was virtually empty, I was in the parking lot with my father when these two guests returned. I headed toward them to let them know I changed their mattress when the man she was with drove right into my brick wall! As they exited the car I thought I would get an apology but instead she started screaming at me that it was my fault and that I should have traffic cones there. I told her that wall has been there since 1947 and she was the first one to ever hit it. She went back to her room screaming and slammed the door so hard that she cracked the frame and broke the cylinder in the doorknob. We asked her not to do that again and her response was " do you job and I wont have too" as she threw the trash can out the door and slammed it again. Later that night she tried to use her key and it would not work. I called a locksmith who came within 15 minutes and replaced the knob she broke. This cost me $85.00 for the emergency call and repair. The broken brick wall will cost me $200.00 to repair. These were damages she caused and should have paid, but I didn’t ask because I just wanted her to peacefully complete her stay and go! Finally, about the central air. Any hotel with central air will have thermostat temperature controls because it cannot work without it. If one room puts the temp to 50, no one else can get air until that room reaches 50. Temp control ensures that everyone has a comfortable room.
We honestly do our very best to make sure each customer enjoys their stay, but nothing was ever going to make this woman happy, here or anywhere else.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
california
Reviewed 19 May 2008

We have stayed at this wonderful cabins/motel every year for the past four years. This is an excellent place to stay, you are in walking distance of restaurants, bowling, Lake Gregory, grocery stores, etc. The cabins/motel is exceptionally clean inside the rooms and outside on the grounds of the property. The pool and jacuzzi area is always immaculate. The staff is friendly and professional, and quickly correct any (if you should have any requests or issues) challenges. The motel rooms are spacious, and have fireplaces in the rooms of the motel and cabins. The cabins are great for families. They have a huge collection of movies to rent for all ages. Parking is convenient to get in and out onto the main road. They do not permit smoking in any of the rooms, but they do have a designated area for smoking. This is definitely a must if you are going to be staying in Crestline!

• Liked — The cleanliness.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jyochmowitz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
The North Shore Inn
Big Bear Frontier
#2 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Crest Lodge Historic Mountain Inn

Been to Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel? Share your experiences!