“Great place to take kids on a summer vacation!”

Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Crestline B&B and Inns
New Ross
“Great place to take kids on a summer vacation!”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Loved the pool. Loved the location. Could walk to Lake Gregory, grocery store, bowling alley, resturant. We would love to come here every year. Good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Temecula, California
Reviewed 9 August 2010

As a business consultant for a major contractor I sometimes have to bid project in the mountains. I happened upon Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Motel, and the staff as well as the charm of the area keeps me coming back. In my business of rush and stress, Sleepy Hollow Cabins are always a pleasure that I look forward to. Thanks so much until my next visit. Hopefully real soon!!

Erik Schmitt
San Diego, Ca.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We arrived early evening and it had been a hot day. The cabin was completely closed up and the air conditioner was off. I understand energy usage concerns but the cabin was unbearable until we had run the air conditioner for several hours. Fortunately, they have a lovely swimming and so we cooled off there while waiting for the cabin to become inhabitable. The cabin was pretty small, and probably felt smaller because of the low ceiling. The cabin, pool and grounds were very clean.
Just one more comment about the swimming pool. On a hot summer weekend the pool is the most popular place to be. On Saturday at about 11:30 am we were told that they needed to clean the pool and it would be out of service for about an hour. When they saw how unpopular this was with us and other guests they said they'd do it another time. The pool opens at 10am and so on Sunday morning before leaving we thought we'd have a quick swim and be out of there for the 11am check-out. Surprise, surprise when we came back from breakfast, they were cleaning the pool. Surely they could clean the pool before 10am??

3 Thank redondobeachmom
ownr, Owner at Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2010
That week was the hottest week of the year and I personally check every unit prior to check in. I did not have that same impression when I checked the unit, Had I been told when they checked in I could have brought fans that would have cooled it quite quickly. Yes, we are a green hotel and we do not run air conditioners when guests are not here. I would expect I would have to greatly increase our prices to be able to do that and I believe that the many would perfer to wait a little while to cool a unit than have to pay higher prices. We are very strict with keeping our property and our pool clean. We test chemicals two times a day and we do not like to add it while people are swimming. The air conditioner system in the main hotel shut down that Saturday and we had an emergency call to have it repaired immediately so we were an hour or so behind in completing the pool. Yes we agreed it was a bad time to do it but we just wanted everything perfect at the pool since it was so hot and we knew it would be used all day and no time would have been a good time to clean it. On Sunday we offered this customer to take their time at the pool so that she wouldn't have to leave at 11 am check out. We never asked her to leave the pool.
So aside from it being a heat wave and having to wait ten minutes to get in the pool Sunday, I am not sure why we would receive poor marks from this customer I was never notified during the numerous times I saw them, that there was something bothering them. We work so hard to make sure everyone's experience is positive and that we give a good service for a good price in a good location.
Foristell, Missouri
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We are from Missouri and didn't know quite what to expect.The cabin we were in was clean and spacious with comfortable beds. We were within walking distance of most attractions. We were with a large family reunion group and Trina was more then willing to accomodate all of us. Very friendly atmosphere. I would definitely recommend Sleepy Hollow to other travelers.

Temecula, California
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I stayed here last year for a month,and again this July,for another month, both in the hotel part,and also in a cabin. I was working in the Arrowhead area on both occasions.Both times I made good use of the pool,and the super-powerful spa !! The accomodation was very comfortable , and the other guests were a pleasure to meet...several great BBQ's at the gazebo !! The owner and staff are most accomodating,and made myself and my crew feel welcome. I stay in many hotels in many states in the course of my work,mostly for long periods,so I can unreservedly recommend Sleepy Hollow for business or family travellers.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Lakewood
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Every 4th of July in the past has been a war zone around our house that has our dog, as well as us, in a "bundle of nerves". Deciding to stay at the sleepy hollow over the 4th of July was the smartest holiday decision ever! Our dog has never slept so soundly on this holiday! Our room was quaint and we felt like we were staying in a "tree house"! The bed was so comfortable! I've stayed in some 4 and 5 star hotels that didn't have beds that were near as comfortable as the one we slept in! The staff was very friendly and accomodating to us and they all made us feel like they were there to be of service to us. I loved the fact that this serene and quiet facility is located in the middle of town! We didn't have to jump in our car to go anywhere. Dinning, fast food, and groceries are just within a block or two. But the thing that we loved the best is that even though this place has been around for years, it is kept up so nice and clean. You don't see any wear and tear on the place as it is cared for just like "Knott's berry farm" is.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snowshank
Crestline, California
Reviewed 5 July 2010

As a local, I choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow. Due to its pool, hot tub, and a nice quiet escape from home. Thanks again for the wonderful time. It was very thoughtful of you to reserve seating for your guest at the Jam days Parade. It was disappointing that we had some "out-of-towners" very close to the hotel that didn't respect their neighbors. Being a local I know that is not the norm. As a multi-racial gay man I feel very accepted by the community and hope your other guest understand that is not a representation of your establishment or the community for that matter. Your service and cabins are lovely as always.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
The North Shore Inn
#3 of 3 in Lake Arrowhead
Hampton Inn & Suites Highland
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Crest Lodge Historic Mountain Inn

Been to Sleepy Hollow Cabins and Hotel? Share your experiences!