“A great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crestline
San Diego, California
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

This is such a wonderful cozy place to stay. This time we got a room with a fire place, and since the weather went bad on us, it was extra nice!
The owners are wonderful, and even remembered our names from 8 months ago!
We will be back for sure!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bombrcar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I usually don't write reviews, but had such a great stay that I felt compelled to tell people about it. I stayed with my boyfriend for a night and it was the most relaxing stay. Lake view from the balcony, cozy fireplace in the room, and the most comfortable bed I may have ever slept in. Nancy and Terry were great about helping us with anything we needed, and recommending great places to check out in town. We had a wonderful experience and are already planning to come back.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 23 April 2011

What a wonderful place The North Shore Inn is! My fiancee and I were driving from LA to Arizona and found this little gem on the internet. They were able to get champaign and flowers into our room on short notice, which I really appreciated! Friendly, clean, beautiful! We only stayed for one night, so we didn't have much time to explore the beautiful surroundings, but if we're ever in the area again, I'd love to stay for a week or so. It's just splendid and a great value! Can't say enough good things about it!

Room Tip: Book early to get a king suite with fireplace!
Canyon Lake, California
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I just wanted to thank the Inn for making my 2 night visit very comfortable, friendly, and welcome despite my situation. Being handicapped I needed an accessible room and at the last minute, I needed to bring my 2 small chihuahua’s. Although the room I had was not one of their normal “dog friendly rooms” they made me and my dogs feel welcome and comfortable. They did everything right when it comes to providing great service and guest relationships. I highly recommend this Inn to anyone staying in Crestline or Lake Gregory. Not only are the rooms great and beautiful, as well as the service,but they are one of the most friendly hotels I have visited!
Thank you again for a great stay and being so nice and accomadating

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Perfect weekend getaway. Rooms are spacious, clean, and the view from the balcony was beautiful. Loved having a fireplace in the room! Highly recommend this hotel. Great friendly service.

Montrose, California
Reviewed 30 March 2011

If you're looking for a place to stay close to the LA Metro area but want to feel relaxed and away from it all, then North Shore is your place. Crestline is literally 15-20 minutes up the mountain once you get off the freeway and so much easier to get to than Arrowhead or Big Bear. It's perfect! Nancy(the owner) is fantastic person and makes North Shore feel like a home away from home. I'll be back in summer!

Note - Don't forget to meet Daisy

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Southern Ca
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The bedding is beautiful & the bed was super comfy! I have back problems & didn't toss & turn at all. We're both tall & the shower nozzle was at a good height. There is a tub. :) The water heats up right away, too. Seems they do not run out. Room had LOTS of bath towels & beautifully folded face/ hand towels & wash cloths. The DVD player, TV, fridge & wifi worked great. There is a microwave too. We had a corner room w/good views (lakeside :).

Much of the mountain lost power one night (due to lots of GORGEOUS snow) while we were up there. North Shore Inn was perhaps the 1st to come back on & stay on. Some locals even wanted to check in.

The location was perfectly situated for walking to many places in town & around the lake.

My husband & I checked in just as snow began to fall. This made the view of the lake & trees as we walked into our room that much more lovely. Nancy had turned the heat on prior to our arrival. So, we had a nice, cozy room right away!

Nancy, Terry & Daisy made our stay charming & wonderful! They were super helpful in getting our car out of the snow, too!

Room Tip: Some have lake views.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
Saddleback Inn
Best Western Big Bear Chateau
Best Western Big Bear Chateau
#1 of 19 in Big Bear Region
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to The North Shore Inn? Share your experiences!