The North Shore Inn
US$202
Lake Arrowhead Chalets(Lake Arrowhead)(Great Value!)
US$294
Saddleback Inn(Lake Arrowhead)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$85
US$82
US$79
Priceline
Downtown Motel 7(San Bernardino)
US$79
Econo Lodge(San Bernardino)
US$65
Economy Inn(San Bernardino)
US$77
US$65
All reviewslake gregoryrest and relaxationtwin peaksbig bear lakegreat view of the lakeorange countydvd playerbeautiful roomcoffee potperfect stayroad noisewithin walking distancea great place to staybed was comfortablefireplacebalconyarrowhead
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hosts are lovely and accommodating as others have said. Most of my disappointment came from the disparity between my expectations and the reality of my stay, so someone else might really enjoy it depending on what they're looking for. The rooms are clean and as pictured but did not feel super luxurious or resort-like to me. I saw this place listed as a five star hotel on one of the websites where I was doing research, and to me three stars seems more accurate - it's not a resort in any way. It's more like a large house chopped up into hotel rooms, which isn't a bad thing but is different than I had anticipated. I was a bit disappointed with the view, it was more of the street and parking lot in front of the lake, than of the lake. However, it was beautiful to watch the mist move through the trees in the morning. Crestline was also not quite what I was expecting (it was very small town and sort of run down) and though it isn't far from Arrowhead, next time I would elect to stay closer to Arrowhead, maybe in Blue Jay, otherwise I might head out to Big Bear instead. I also felt that the price I paid wasn't a deal for what I got, and that there are deals to be found for better locations and accommodations. The fireplace was nice but that was the only "extra" I wanted and in the end $135/night felt quite overpriced to me.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to write. Our rating is from guests who have stayed with us & the experience they had while staying with us. We have never claimed to be a resort & as you stated, everyone is looking for something different. We are happy you enjoyed the fireplace & the early morning view.
The weekdays are considerably less, Saturday only is a slight bit more to cover housekeeping costs.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Rooms have been recently updated new carpeting new tiled bathroom better than ever. Always love coming back to Crestline and Lake Gregory.The local restaurants are great mom n pop owned. Once again a great stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hello, Thank you for sharing with others. It was great to have you back with us again.
Thank you for noticing some of the changes we have been making to the hotel. It is always a work in progress. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

3rd or fourth time there nice getaway from LA and always like to kick back and watch the stars and the lake.weather cooperated nicely especially being winter did a little hiking and ate to much as usual .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank dluep1
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Hello, it was so nice to have you back with us again. Thank you for the wonderful review & for sharing your experience with others. The "mom & pop" restaurants are great! Hope you will continue to come back to Lake Gregory in Crestline and continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stay here every year and I love it. Nancy is a doll and makes my stay relaxing and enjoyable. Anything I need she is always helpful. The rooms are small but very clean and pleasant. The rooms have everything you need. I couldn't ask for better place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mishie71
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi, it was so nice having you with us again. Next time maybe one of the larger rooms, we have been working on updating a lot of things here. Thank you again, Nancy

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was a wonderful stay for us. The place was clean and remodeled. It had a great view of the lake. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I loved the beautiful fireplace and the king size bed. I was only there for one night but it was a great. I would highly recommend this place and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Suzettey2

Thank you for the wonderful review. We do appreciate you taking time to to share with others. It was so nice having the two of you here, hopefully you will be back again soon.