“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crestline
victorville
“A nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

A very clean and quiet place to stay. Very close to lake and resteraunts. Owners were very nice and accomadateing. Will definitely stay there again. Bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. Everybody in the whole area were friendly.

• Stayed March 2014
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hello, and thank you. It was great having you back with us.
It is a nice quiet area to live, work & relax in. Look forward to having you back this Summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I own a Small Business and several of My employees stayed at the Inn and loved it. Even from afar I myself felt the friendliness emanating from this place and I cant wait to take my next Vacation. Thank You Nancy!

Room Tip: Room 6 has a balcony over looking the lake
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking time to review us. It was a pleasure having your employees with us, they got to be like family to us. Hope to have them & you back with us soon.
Nashville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have been here for two nights now and I just cannot say enough good things. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful, the room is so beautiful I don't want to leave it, and its so very peaceful. We still have another three nights here and already we've decided that when and if we ever make it back this is the place for us.

• Stayed March 2014
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you with us for the week. We are very happy we met your expectations and would love to have you return. Thank you again.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a terrific time spending the weekend at the North Shore Inn in March. The owner (and Daisy) were very welcoming and helped us with suggestions for trails to visit, restaurants to try, etc. It was also very nice of her to check in with us throughout our stay to see how we were enjoying ourselves - both at the Inn and also in Crestline in general.

In Crestline, in addition to the trails, we also enjoyed the library's book sale - going on one block from the Inn, time at Lake Gregory, and eating in many of the locally owned restaurants, especially the Crestline Cafe, and Bill's Villager Coffee Shop (in nearby Blue Jay).

We're looking forward to returning!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hi Guys, Thank you for the rave review ! We so enjoyed having you with us this past weekend. Hope to see you many more times in the future. Daisy says Hi too.
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hosts are lovely and accommodating as others have said. Most of my disappointment came from the disparity between my expectations and the reality of my stay, so someone else might really enjoy it depending on what they're looking for. The rooms are clean and as pictured but did not feel super luxurious or resort-like to me. I saw this place listed as a five star hotel on one of the websites where I was doing research, and to me three stars seems more accurate - it's not a resort in any way. It's more like a large house chopped up into hotel rooms, which isn't a bad thing but is different than I had anticipated. I was a bit disappointed with the view, it was more of the street and parking lot in front of the lake, than of the lake. However, it was beautiful to watch the mist move through the trees in the morning. Crestline was also not quite what I was expecting (it was very small town and sort of run down) and though it isn't far from Arrowhead, next time I would elect to stay closer to Arrowhead, maybe in Blue Jay, otherwise I might head out to Big Bear instead. I also felt that the price I paid wasn't a deal for what I got, and that there are deals to be found for better locations and accommodations. The fireplace was nice but that was the only "extra" I wanted and in the end $135/night felt quite overpriced to me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to write. Our rating is from guests who have stayed with us & the experience they had while staying with us. We have never claimed to be a resort & as you stated, everyone is looking for something different. We are happy you enjoyed the fireplace & the early morning view.
The weekdays are considerably less, Saturday only is a slight bit more to cover housekeeping costs.
anaheim hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Rooms have been recently updated new carpeting new tiled bathroom better than ever. Always love coming back to Crestline and Lake Gregory.The local restaurants are great mom n pop owned. Once again a great stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hello, Thank you for sharing with others. It was great to have you back with us again.
Thank you for noticing some of the changes we have been making to the hotel. It is always a work in progress. Hope to see you again soon.
norwalk ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

3rd or fourth time there nice getaway from LA and always like to kick back and watch the stars and the lake.weather cooperated nicely especially being winter did a little hiking and ate to much as usual .

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank dluep1
OwnerofNSI, Owner at The North Shore Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Hello, it was so nice to have you back with us again. Thank you for the wonderful review & for sharing your experience with others. The "mom & pop" restaurants are great! Hope you will continue to come back to Lake Gregory in Crestline and continue to stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestline
Saddleback Inn
BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau
BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau
#1 of 19 in Big Bear Region
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to The North Shore Inn? Share your experiences!