“Will not return.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Crestline, California
“Will not return.”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Have been twice. Will not return.
A bunch of stuffed animals surround the interior. It's not cozy and the food?...Sub par. It's more like a Denny's and there's many more places to choose from that have incredible food such as The Bear House or Crestline cafe. Very disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank mtngir

Oxnard, California
“Family Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Good breakfast served all day. Big American size portions. Had a big chef salad. Country fried steak smothered in country gravy, The reuben looked good too. friendly wait staff

Visited January 2014
Crestline, California
“Not bad, but could easily be better”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Billy Bear's sirves good size portions, but the plates could be slightly larger. I have to pay attention, lest my food leave my plate while I am cutting my meat. It is necessary to ask for a tea spoon to stir your coffie as they don't set one out with your place setting. Also, unlike some other Crestline eateries, they only have plain liquid creamer in those individual little cups. My friends and I prefer the choice of flavers. Today, I ordered stake and eggs. It was very good but they were out of country fries and I had to settle for home fries. That was a big disapointment. The interior is cute with a display of stuffed teddy bears. Parking is usually no problem as they shair a parking lot. The prices are a bit more than some other places in town, but the food is good and there is a lot of it.

• Visited January 2014
San Diego, California, United States
“Average small down diner”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We ate breakfast here on a stormy morning. The place as decorated with lots of miscellaneous holiday trinkets. there was also a bunch of what looked like donated or collected holiday gifts and toys stacked up on a table and a center island area. This didn't bother me and I just assumed they were collecting gifts for those less fortunate. The food came in a reasonable time as did the hot tea and coffee. The hot cakes were standard as were the eggs. The bacon wasn't as crispy as I like it but it was fine and I ate it. My husband enjoyed his corn beef. The English muffin he got was thick, hot and delicious. Don't mistake the average rating as a negative. We enjoyed our meal and would go there again. I grew up going to small town eateries just like this. I gave it an average because it was just that - good but nothing outstanding or unique.

Visited December 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Truly enjoyable breakfast”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The food was good, but the seating in the booth we used was in need of repair. We both enjoyed the breakfast we ordered, a veggie omelet and the country breakfast. The food was well prepared and very tasty.

Visited November 2013