“Authentic”

Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Crestline
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

Although the service wasn't above and beyond by any means, it definitely wasn't poor service. The servers were average- no complaints. The food was great; fresh, authentic, cooked perfectly, and delivered hot without a long wait. Chips and salsa were filled quickly, as well as drink refills. The salsa is so delicious!! I judge Mexican food restaurants based on their salsa and margaritas- and this place exceeded my expectations in both. The prices were average, fair and expected. I would recommend this restaurant to couples, families, loud groups (the patio is great!), or a quiet date.

2  Thank MyTwoCentsToo

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Go when you are hungry! The food was excellent. The wait staff was kind and we weren't forgotten. I would highly recommend this place

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This place is fantastic but I need to say a few things so people know what to expect. This tiny little place tucked in by itself on Forest Shade Drive has a much smaller menu than most sit-down Mexican restaurants. On my first trip there, I thought I was missing a page in my menu. The other thing is that the recipes are not typical to either authentic or Americanized versions of Mexican food. If people go in there knowing this, there will be absolutely no disappointment. Apparently, they have a small menu just to concentrate on a few things and make them all as good as possible. I think this strategy pays great dividends. Everything from the salsa to the main dishes have some unique twists to their flavors but I have loved everything I have tried. The tortillas they use are excellent and that seemingly minor detail can make a world of difference. They don't mess around with the heat in the hot chili verde sauce but it is not so spicy that it overwhelms the other flavors including the meat. Speaking of the meats, they are all tender, flavorful, and delicious. As for the portions, I don't see how anybody could leave here hungry. I have also found the service to be very friendly and efficient.

A small place like Crestline is lucky to have a restaurant this good and unique. If you like Mexican food and come here with an open mind and an empty stomach, you should not be disappointed.

1  Thank KoHoSo
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We love this place! The margaritas are fantastic. The guac is the best. Their rice is weird...but I wouldn't let it hold you back. Service is very good...always a daily special. Love the whole experience and it's nice to have a mexican restaurant in town that has the whole bar, and not just beer & wine.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

My favorite is either the shrimp tacos or shrimp burrito but I really come for the mango margaritas (the best I've ever had).