“Epic Country Getaway!”

Review of HorseTail Ranch

The main Villa is a short walk down to the private lake. All on 150 acres.
Aerial view of the main Villa. Our fabulous 12 stall barn.  Home to Central Coast Trail Rides.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The main Villa is a short walk down to the private lake. All on 150 acres.
Aerial view of the main Villa.
Our fabulous 12 stall barn.  Home to Central Coast Trail Rides.
Entrance to HorseTail Ranch.
Meander along the expansive private lake.
Drive up to the main Villa through the back of the house.
Generous, open floor plan.
Open and stocked kitchen with Italian Bertazonni stove.  Cook any gourmet meal large or small.
Great room:  Large area to congregate.  Watch TV.
1st Floor:  Master bedroom with desk, generous walk in closet and en suite bathroom.
Master Bathroom
1st Floor:  One Queen, 'popdown' couch and en suite bathroom.
1st Floor:  Two Full beds, walk in closet and en suite bathroom.
2nd Floor:  One Queen Bed, 'popdown' couch, closet and large dresser.
2nd Floor:  spacious room with two full beds and generous closet.
Back of the main Villa.  Enjoy the jacuzzi, dine al fresco and savor the sunsets.
Enjoy the outdoors.
Lounge around the firepit.
Enjoy a horseback ride on the property.
Meander through the 12 stall barn.  Visit the horses, unless they are grazing in the open pasture.
Our quaint restroom inside the barn.
Set on 150 acres. Utter privacy and seclusion.
Aerial view.
You can walk to the lake from the main Villa.
Overlooking the lake from the patio of the Main Villa.
Easy walk down to the lake.
Newly constructed dock for fishing or wedding vows.
Perfect spot to relax.
Come relax and enjoy  the stunning sunsets.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Randee B
“Epic Country Getaway!”
Reviewed 17 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

HorseTail Place was an epic experience. From the beautiful drive to the location, to the warm welcome we received from Brian and Crystal once we arrived was outstanding. The HorseTail place was an enchanting spot, quiet, reserved, very functional, cute decor, and outstanding view. We got to do a horse ride on the property to add to our weekend, and had the best time staying here. I would recommend it to anyone who loves staying in a cabin, at a horse ranch, for a quiet country get away. We will definately be back again! Thank you for being so accommodating and kind to us.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
rkhoddam
Los Angeles, California
“modern, secluded, quiet, peaceful, and relaxing”
Reviewed 31 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed at the Cabin which is a lovely and charming place. The Cabin is well appointed and very tastefully decorated. The location and surrounding is peaceful and beautiful. Enjoy a drink at the outside bar watching the sunset. BBQ and relax in your own outdoor patio. We really enjoyed our stay. The owner and the property manager were super nice and attentive.

Cindy G
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing home with breathtaking views!”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I have to start out by saying that I don't make a habit out of writing reviews, but we had such an amazing experience that I just had to pass this along. My son and his girlfriend booked this 5 bedroom house to celebrate his 26th birthday. My husband and I love Paso Robles and are members at several of the wineries in the area so we were anxious to introduce our family to the area. Brian met us at the ranch entry and escorted us up to the property. We were blown away from the moment he opened the door to the house. Soaring ceilings, spacious bedrooms and baths, all decorated beautifully, full equipped kitchen with top of the line appliances and best of all...a view that took your breath away. Everything looked as though it was brand new! We've spent holidays at other vacation rentals, but I have to say that I have never stayed in a house that had everything you need and if you needed something additional, Brian was right there to make sure you got it. He even brought up Corn Hole games for us to play. The back of the house has a great barbecue, big fire pit with table and chairs and we spent every night sitting under the stars sipping wine and talking. I cannot recommend this property enough. Great hiking trails, a lake, horse back riding and while you may feel you're in the middle of no where...you're only a short distance from some of the best wineries in California. I wish I could give this property 6 stars!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect rental for intimate wedding”
Reviewed 12 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Booking Horsetail Ranch for our intimate wedding was the best decision! The photo backdrops were amazing, especially at sunset! Booking the venue was easy. I worked directly with the owner, Kena. She was so accommodating and wanted everything to be perfect for us. She put me in contact with Brian who lives on the property. He was such a big help in making sure we had everything we needed, including making sure we had proper info to give our vendors. We rented the main villa, which comfortably accommodated the 8 of us that stayed there, and the other guests joined us for the ceremony and dinner. The kitchen was perfect for our chef to prepare a meal for 16 people. The master bedroom and bath was plenty big enough for myself, my 2 sisters, and mom to get ready in. The guest rooms were all a great size, and there were plenty of bathrooms in the house. The jacuzzi, fire pit, and hanging patio lights create a relaxing atmosphere. I would recommend Horsetail Ranch to anyone looking for an intimate, romantic venue, or even as a great place to vacation!

Katie N
“Luxurious, scenic getaway spot near Paso Robles”
Reviewed 8 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Our experience at HorseTail Ranch was a memorable one that we will cherish forever. We stayed in the main villa- every inch of which is beyond gorgeous; it is obvious that no detail was spared in creating this luxurious vacation spot. From the fully stocked kitchen, to the plasma TVs, to the plush linens, we wanted for nothing. It was an amazing spot for a romantic getaway, but it would also be a great place for family reunions (can’t wait to have ours here), corporate retreats, birthday or retirement parties, and weddings or vowel renewals! We will definitely be visiting again.

WhitF
San Francisco, California
“The Perfect Getaway!”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I was lucky enough to book horsetail ranch for my 30th this last weekend. I don't usually write reviews but I have to of this property, it was AMAZING! The perfect place for a group of 18 friends to spend memorial day weekend away from the city. The property manager was very nice and the house has everything you could possibly need, and if it doesn't, the property manager even offered to go out and get it for us. We rented the Villa and the Cabin since we had such a large group. The cabin was a quick 7 min walk from the main house. The Villa has a lake right below the house that we could go and paddle boat in. I think the stars at night were my favorite part, it was so peaceful, couldn't help but feel relaxed. Would highly recommend this property to anyone that has a big group, there is something for everyone. Some members of our group got up early and went for a run on the property, some stayed up late and had wine and smores around the fire pit, some hiked, some paddle boated. Overall I couldn't have asked for a more special place to spend my birthday. Thank you Horsetail Ranch!

corykings...
Manhattan Beach, California
“HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We went to The Ranch over News Years and had one of our most favorite vacations ever. What a perfect way to unwind and decompress from the city. The house and grounds are absolutely gorgeous. Everything down to the details are perfectly rustic, chic and luxurious! We had 3 families and there was a little bit of everything for everyone. We loved just sitting on the patio looking out over the tranquil views and the local wine tasting. Kids enjoyed the freedom of running free around the expansive property and of course the jacuzzi. One of the absolute best moments on our trip was horseback riding around the property with Brian and Crystal (who were also incredible hosts). The kids still remember their horses names and Goatee. I can't say enough about how great our trip was. I think this says it all - we are already planning another visit!

Management Response
3 Mar 2017
Dear Cory,

We are thrilled that you and your group had a fabulous time. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Warmly,
Kena
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing