“The camp was fantastic”
Review of Camp Layman

Camp Layman
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cromberg
Camp Layman
Seattle, Washington
“The camp was fantastic”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed here for the first time with our 3-year-old, and we loved the scenery, our cabin (Cedar) and the great hospitality of the owners, Dan and Shelley, who are doing all kinds of work on the camp. I highly recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Recently taken over by new owners. Dan and Eric hard at work completing renovations and making our stay pleasant. What a warm and friendly place! River access right there, too!! We'll be going back very soon and often and highly recommend it to someone looking for a rustic and peaceful stay.
Joan, John and Rocky

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Camp Layman Resort is being restored to it former glory!!!
It has new owners who have invested a lot of money into the place. The new owners are extremely nice people too! What fun it is to see a part of my childhood come back to the way it once was! Disregard my previous bad review. Camp Layman IS BACK!!!

Camp Layman doesn't have a swimming pool. But why does it need a pool when the beautiful Feather River is right there!

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank wec101
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 24 July 2010

If you are looking for a great trip to a remote place in the Sierra Nevada's where 'Big Foot Lerks' this is your spot. I have stayed many times, we have rented the entire compound or just a single cabin, it doesn't matter, the hosts are great the recreation is better and the Friday Night BBG is the best.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovinglaymans
California
Reviewed 17 May 2009

My mother, sister and I took a mother/daugher/grandchildren trip last summer. My mother grew up coming to the area to her grandparents cabin. (My fathers parents had a cabin in the area also.) So the area is VERY special to our family. The family cabins have long been sold and large monster houses built in their places. But we wanted to contine getting our fill each summer of the amazing pine air, blue, blue skies, and clean air. My sister and I are so determined to make the area as special in the hearts of our children as it was and is to us.
So last summer we began to plan a trip. But where to stay?? We wanted a cabin, and after much searching we decided on Layman Resort. We were so glad we did! The owners were so kind and friendly! They welcomed us warmly. ((WE STAYED HERE AFTER READING THE HORRIBLE REVIEW ON THIS SITE. I SIMPLY CHOSE TO MAKE UP MY OWN MIND.)) We enjoyed the peace and quiet, and nightly campfire, and the time to detox from the fast paced real world! (No cell service here!) The owner was so nice and offered for us to use the office phone anytime. I took him up on it once or twice to call my hubby who was unable to join us.
Our two oldest kids ages 8 and 4 thououghly enjoyed the play area, skipping rocks at the rivers edge, and exploring all over the camp. BRING your kids here by all means! Detox them from their video games, and TV!!!! They will be using their imaginations from the time they step out the car door! Trust me... :)

Overall, I want to say that these cabins are very old and very rustic. But they are clean, and the place is loved by many...despite it's little imperfections.
If you are planning to be in **our** lovely mountians this summer, please consider staying here!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank jereca74
Sacramento
Reviewed 7 July 2008

If you're expecting to be pampered and stay at the Ritz, this IS NOT your place. If however, you want something with rustic charm, and very basic amenties this is your place. There are 10 cabins and the feel is that of an older cabin with its own charm. The floors have settled a bit, the kitchen and bathroom are small and quaint like something you'd expect in an isolated cabin in the woods that was built in a year gone by. But as I said that's a big part of the charm.

The setting is absolutely beautiful with close access to the towns of Blairsden and Graeagle.

The owners are extremely friendly, nice and helpful. Other guests were very friendly and many had been returning for years.

Rustic, yes! Great memories yes! Our teenagers were not impressed, but my wife and I will definately return for a getaway.

Stayed July 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I've been going there for 36 years, and it remains our favorite family vacation spot. I call it "lazy man's camping", as you are alongside the Feather River in the Plumas National Forest, but the rustic cabins come equiped with hot/cold running water, bathroom/shower, beds, towels/linens, refrigerator, stove, cooking utensils/plates. Fishing is great; just a 100 yard walk below the cabins, or you can venture 1/4 mile downstream to the 'swimming hole'; other great fishing opportunities at nearby Jamison Creek also. Endless hiking opportunities. Many lakes nearby; many accomidate swimming; others have boat rentals; small pond nearby has small raft/paddle-boat rentals. This place is for the outdoorsman of all ages who enjoys nature.

• Liked — Fresh air and naturally beautiful environment
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank JeffryO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromberg
Chalet View Lodge
Lake Davis Resort, Cabins & Motel
Gold Pan Lodge
Gold Pan Lodge
#6 of 7 in Quincy

Been to Camp Layman? Share your experiences!