“Great place and friendly dining”
Review of Tom's Place Resort

Tom's Place Resort
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bay Area
“Great place and friendly dining”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have been going to Tom's Place for years out side of Mammoth - I go almost every time I get up the Eastern Sierra's Rustic lodge, amazing staff, especially Christie and the bar tender Cookie - huge portions of food and no surprises. If you are looking for a very casual and affordable choice - it is worth the short drive out of town.

• Visited December 2013

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Funky restaurant, bar general store”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had breakfast here after dropping our son off to climb. It was Taco Tuesday and we had breakfast Taco's. They were good, and so was the price and the service. I came in with a Starbuck's coffee I was finishing, but did order a coffee, and the waitress offered to fill my Starbuck's cup before I left.
The negative reviews have me scratching my head, and I have to wonder if there were not misunderstandings, as I got such a good vibe at this place.

• Visited August 2013
Greenbrae
“Couldn't even get sandwiches to go correct!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stopped in to order two sandwiches to go for our Lakes hike. Simple orders as in no brainers. When we arrived at our lunch spot to our amazement, they were both incorrectly prepared: no cheese that we paid for, mayo on both which we said no to, poor quality of lettuce and tomato which one of us said no to, etc.

We figured if they screwed up something as simple as this why return for a real meal. Many other options including Convict Lake's resort and ones in Mammoth Lakes, such as Schats!

• Visited July 2013
Oak Park, California
“Good food, service, atmosphere and prices, what more could you want!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Tom's Place is a definite stop whenever we're in the area. Food is very good and very reasonably priced. Don't miss the prime rib special on Thursday and Saturday nights for $13.95.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Food was ok, the service was...not so much”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family and I spent the weekend backpacking in the Sierras. We stopped at the Tom's Place Cafe for burgers as a treat before heading home. We entered the cafe and were left to just stand there while servers and employees walked past us. No one even acknowledged we were there. My husband went to the "counter" and asked if we were supposed to seat ourselves. The woman turned and with a nasty attitude in her voice said, "Well, how many people are in your party?" "Five" we said. She pointed aimlessly in the direction of several open tables. We seated ourselves. We did not feel welcome at all. Once seated, we had drinks pretty quickly but had to send the soda back because of bad C02. We got another one which was better. The food was fine and everyone ate up. This review is based primarily on service. Since we felt so unwelcome, I don't think we would return. It's just a short drive to Bishop where there are many places where we know we'll get better treatment. It's unfortunate because we like to support the historic, iconic places in the Eastern Sierra corridor. This just didn't do it for us.

1 Thank Karen S