“Can't Wait to Go Back”

Akasha Restaurant & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Akasha Restaurant & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 326 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watseka
Transit: Close to several bus lines on Culver Blvd.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had the best fried chicken ever. I thought I was going to have to wrestle with a breast on the bone, but it was boneless and therefore easier to eat gracefully in public. It was absolute the best tasting fried chicken I have ever had. The parmesan mashed potatoes were lick-the-plate terrific, too. The dessert was just okay and I would recommend skipping dessert and enjoying 2 of their wonderful cocktails. The ginger drop was terrific. Service was good. Atmosphere was cozy, warm and may even be intimate. Somehow it seemed quiet, not dull, just nice and quiet so it was easy to converse with table companions.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I went with friends and one needs gluten free one eats anything and I'm vegetarian. They had something for everyone. The parking was easy in the garage in back. Great atmosphere. We had a reservation and we were seated right away. The wait staff was very efficient and we were ordering not long after we sat down. The food came out quickly and it was tasty. I had the Punjabi Mung Beans & Quinoa. Loved the spices. Another had the Braised Wild Mushroom Pizza which they gave a thumbs up and the gluten free person had the Rib Eye Beef Burger and he thought that was very good.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great restaurant. Friendly to those who are gluten free or vegetarian. The drinks are different but very good.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Second time at Akasha, the main course was again very tasty, the first problem of this restaurant is the noise ( tip for the owners : that could just be solved by a big bloc of polysterene in the ceiling probably, that would absorb the reverberation against the brick walls ), so i would recommand that you try to eat outside if possible. Also the desserts are not up to the game, they are just basic brownies or cookies cut into pieces, so just go there for the main course.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Went on a Friday night before UCLA's opening night basketball game and realized I was not a regular because I was the only one wearing a basketball jersey! Easy free parking right next door (2 hours), seated right away, but it was busy so the Stanley Tucci look-alike waiter was inconsistent with his service a little. Came for Duff Goldman's Best onion rings he ever ate, which I enjoyed, and the other items, burgers, fried chicken, the special berry and goat cheese flatbread pizza were likewise tasty good but rather overpriced, so I will cross it off my bucket list and move on.