“Very creative menu!”

Akasha Restaurant & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Akasha Restaurant & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 316 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watseka
Transit: Close to several bus lines on Culver Blvd.
Los Angeles, California
“Very creative menu!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was our second time at the restaurant, and this time, we were generally very pleased. The first time, we went with a large group and had a bunch of smaller dishes to share. Given the range of eating preferences/restrictions, it didn't work so well. This time, we all ordered our own main dishes. Mine was a vegetarian dish that was plentiful and very delicious - as was the vegan peanut butter chocolate ice cream. I would definitely go back!

• Visited August 2014

Amsterdam
“Restaurant week & Wine Wednesday”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We chose this restaurant in the LA restaurant week. This meant they had a special, favorable priced menu. We happened to be there on their Wine Wednesday, when bottles are half price, so an extra bonus.

Good food, good service (pity that the waiter could not keep our wine glasses filled, we had to call him 2 or 3 times - as the bottle was placed elsewhere).

We were seated on the terrace, where the street noise can be a bit obtrusive, but if you can phase this out, it is a nice place to sit.

Marina del Rey, California
“Cool Atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Akasha has a pretty cool atmosphere, a friendly staff and free WiFi. It's in the heart of Downtown Culver City so parking can be a challenge at times. It's a nice spot to have lunch or just grab a drink and chat.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great coffee house; good restaurant too.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a small pot of coffee before lunch. The service was very good and the choices of coffee were great. The service in the restaurant was very good, everyone being quite friendly. The food was good and the server paid great attention to personal preferences for everyone in my group. The place is quite popular so reservations are recommended for the restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
“Nice restaurant, good food, but kind of pricey”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I ended up getting the king salmon for my main course and although good, I thought I got a rather small piece of salmon for it to be a 'king salmon'. And it cost about 30 bucks. So I mean that could have been better, but it still tasted great. I really have to recommend the hummus though. I got that as an appetizer and that was excellent. The atmosphere is a unique one, but I mean this in a good way. The layout of the restaurant allows for this and it enhances the experience. The bar area is real cool too and I'd definitely like to go back there just to sit and have some drinks as I was sitting in the main dining area. It's all a bit pricey but the food is good so I think it's a place each person should try for himself/herself. As long as you got a nice wad of cash, then go for it.

• Visited June 2014