“Good hotel close to LAX”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Sydney, Australia
“Good hotel close to LAX”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here 2 nights with my sister at the start of February after a long flight from Sydney. The hotel staff at the front desk was friendly and the room was the one we booked online. The interior of the hotel was a bit dull and motel like but we didn't mind because it was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the room was more spacious than I thought it was going to be. Also, the hotel is right across the road from a giant Westfield so we got some shopping done during our stay. I didn't hear any of the traffic considering it's next to a highway which was nice.

A negative aspect of the hotel was the smell that emanated from the air conditioning unit. When we turned it on to change the temperature in the room, it smelt terrible (like urine, terrible). Luckily, our stay wasn't during a period of particularly cold or hot weather or else it would have been problematic.

All in all, I would still recommend this hotel to other travelers, especially to those who do not plan on staying for very long or those who need to be close to the airport (under $20 taxi fare).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gailda L
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that our staff took care of you while you stayed with us. It is always nice to hear. I am disappointed to hear the issues you encountered during your stay particularly he condition of the hotel and the smell coming out of the A/C. Rest assured your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Boston, MA
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed here for a couple days before flying to a vacation in Asia, so we wanted to be close to the airport but also within easy distance of other destinations in LA. I think this was a pretty central location - not too far from Hollywood, BH, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach and the airport. It's also right across the street from a big mall and shopping center, in case you need to do any shopping. It's not a fancy hotel by any stretch but it was comfortable and we were happy. The gym is tiny but no real complaints. The staff even mailed me back my favorite workout clothes when I realized I had left them at the hotel 3 weeks later! I'd happily stay again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to have been able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for sharing your recommendation. It is always wonderful to hear that we are abble to provide our guests with such positive experience and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Bes Regards,
Morgan Hill, ca
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our rate was based on the year of my husband's birth (PAYDATE). So, first night regular rate (ie top rate), second night, in his case, $36. The receptionist required a copy of his birth certificate which my husband supplied upon check in. In the room was a card on the nightstand (not the first place you look) which asks if you want to be Green and pass on the room cleaning your first full day (we were staying two nights). You are offered either $5 toward breakfast or some other amenity in the hotel or 250 Starwood points. We decided to do the program though the compensation is pathetic for the money the hotel saves. You put a door hanger out to tell the maid. We did that and the room looked like she never came inside.

Upon checkout, we found we were billed for two nights, both at the regular rate. My husband was in the car waiting for me and I had to go get his driver's license again because they could find no evidence of his showing it at check in. They fixed the bill and we left. It has been 8 days since we stayed and our credit card still has a hold for the difference between the bad bill and the corrected bill even though the corrected bill went through. When I called today to get them to remove the hold, the answer was that it was the bank's fault so they would do nothing. Meantime, we did not get our Green Starwood points and, in the heat of the correction of the bill, I forgot to check it. After calling the hotel which refused to give us the points because we did not turn in a chit the maid was supposed to leave but did not, I called Starwood who tried to talk to the hotel but even their rep was told that they would not grant the points. And she got such a run around from them (no one wanted to take responsibility) that she sent the problem to corporate. The corporate rep got the hotel to give the points BUT we still do not have them.

We would NEVER stay at this hotel again. They have consumed way too much of my time and I still have more time I will have to put in. They are unapologetic. Staff attitude is big with us.

The room was fine and did have a fridge. The windows did a good job of keeping out noise and we asked for, and got, a room on the top floor so footfalls did not annoy us either. The bathroom was the smallest we have been in for this level hotel. And reports of the closet being a small cubbie are correct. A/C worked fine. You are in a strange neighborhood next to two freeways, though I never felt unsafe. At arrival around 10 pm, the receptionist ended up engaged in a discussion with two men who were trying to talk him into giving them a free room. That should have been a way short discussion but they talked and joked around for at least a half hour. I was on a computer nearby.

The offer we got for breakfast, and we are Starwood members, was for $15 each with a bunch of fast food restaurants right down Sepulveda. Other chains with comparable hotels (Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc) all include breakfast and I think Four Points should too. The location and PAYDATE promo were the reason we chose this hotel.

The hotel has 3 computers for guest use for free. Two did not work and one only worked sometimes. When we got home, I found I was now the recipient of a bunch of spam which I was not getting before using their computer. Plus the computers were greasy and disgusting.

Room Tip: Top floor for noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and feedback! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and directing us to the area that may require our immediate attention particularly the billing issues. Rest assured your your comments will be shared with the appropriate department to ensure that we correct the error accordingly. For any difficulties that you encountered during your stay, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. As a valued guest, we hope to get the opportunity to regain your trust and goodwill in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Culver City hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here after a grueling 14 hour flight from Bangkok to LAX. We had not made arrangements for a hotel upon our return and decided to use the information desk in baggage claim. We just joted down a few hotels to call. We decided to call 2 hotels recommended by the information desk and they were sold out. I loved the fact that one of the hotels offered to check their sister properties and they had rooms at Four Points. We booked and was even surprised that I was placed on the Preferred list. We had to pay $12 parking which was weird because there was no security guard manning the parking lot from what I saw and though close to the airport we were not THAT close.

Other than parking everything was fantastic. I would certainly come back here again. There is a mall directly across the street. Beds were so comfortable. Which was important because we slept and layed in bed for 2 days and a half letting our bodies rest from a long 2 weeks vacation. It was the perfect ending to our first visit to California.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your possitve comments and feedback. It was pleasure to hear that you have an enjoyable experience. We look forward to having you as a returned guest soon. Once again, thank you.

Tustin, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at the sheraton for business. The hotel was stuffy and had a strange odor. The room was extremely small. The room service was quick and the food was not bad.
I was very disappointed when I received the bill, and they had charged my card, when my manager had prepaid for the room. When I called the front desk, They left me in hold for about 10 minutes to then tell me they have to check with the billing office on Monday. No apology, no refund. They truly had a attitude that they did not care. I planned on staying here on a regular basis since I am a spg member, and had good experiences with sheraton in the past. I won't be staying here again

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is very important to us and to our hotel. I apologize for the error on your bill and for the condition of the room. With the third party payment, there is a process that we do and I am very sorry that there was some confusion. I understand your frustration completely and we will definitely look into this to ensure that this is corrected accordingly. As we strive to make your stays with us pleasant your feedback is very important. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust and goodwill in the future.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The room was good though not luxurious. Breakfast is included in the package which was really worth. There were plethora of options to choose from. I stayed there for 20 days it was really a pleasant stay. The only issue was my colleague lost few clothes over there(But since we were not sure if it was lost exactly at the hotel I didn't take into account for review).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad that we took good care of you during your stay with us for 20 nights. Providing our guests with spacious and clean rooms they can relax in and service that can depend on is tremendous. We appreciate you recognizing those qualities. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back and we thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside.

Deutschland
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I did not expect much for a one night sleepover in LAX. However I was surprised the rooms are quite big and dispite it is next to the Highway 405 even my room way quiet thnks to proper sealed windows.. The hotel is about 5 miles from the airport next to a shopping center. They charge 12 USD for parking which is a joke because you can park for free next door at the shopping center.. So an advice to the Managment get rid of those charges..
For another stopover in LAX if you just wanna get some rest I recommend the Four Points.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DeltaM956
Dear Guest,
I am glad you had a wonderful visit at the Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside. Our goal is to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable experience with comfort and convenient. I hope we'll see back here with us soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
Travelodge Culver City
#4 of 8 in Culver City
Westside
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#242 of 351 in Los Angeles
The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!