“Good choice as Base for Los Angeles”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Hotel is very conveniently located.Friendly check- in, Matt the front desk person was very helpful and a delight to interact with.
Room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good and reasonable the servers were very friendly. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ian-Gee-GM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Your positive feedback is much appreciated and we will certainly pass along your kind words to Matt! We value your business and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

After reading the reviews on here AFTER I booked the hotel, I was a little worried, but I did not need to be. The check in process was easy and Brenda was really good and informative.
The room was very clean and comfortable too. Agree with the height of the loo, it is about 2ft off the ground, you are basically squatting!
The room had a fridge and coffee / tea making facilities. It also have a very large flat screen TV which would be great if all the channels listed worked, I got 5 really boring channels, so spent most of my time on the ipad. The hotel offers free wifi throughout the hotel, which is run at a very good speed.
We were located on level 3, which had a ice machine and also a vending machine for drinks although in the foyer, there are other machines that sell snacks too.

The bar was very well stocked and they run a happy hour from 5pm-7pm. Dollar off beer and half price appetisers, although we never ate so cannot comment on the food.

Parking is charged at $12 a night, so be careful of that although there is a Westfield shopping centre located across the road, and many cars we're being left there overnight.

Overall we had a great 3 night stay, and would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunny P

Sunny, thank you for your comments. Brenda is a great associate and we are indeed fortunate to have her on our Team! Will investigate the TV channel issue as this should not be a challenge with the variety of programming we generally have available. We appreciate the 'heads up'!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The price was reasonable with a great location (right across from the mall). The room was clean and comfortable. Had a bit of trouble with the front desk. I had to call several times just to get more towels and a trundle bed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments, but please accept my apologies for the poor response time from our Front Desk Team. We will follow up accordingly.
We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stated here at the end of March and were pleased with the clean an comfy accommodations.

Loved being lose to the large Westfield Culver City mall adjacent and the proximity to beaches.

Quiet and safe area.

Would stay again however overnight parking here was twenty dollars(?)from memory.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aussiechick82

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a couple of issues with our hotel stay, including a toilet that would not flush (which then reoccurred after fixing), and a bath that would not drain, despite bringing up the issue to management. I found the washroom EXTREMELY small for a hotel - like was it just an afterthought, or did any planning go into the floorplan?! I'm not a large individual either - 5'4", 125 lb woman. Thankfully management comp'd us a couple of buffet breakfasts on account of these issues, which we appreciated. There is also no hot tub, which was a bit of a letdown.

On to the positives: front desk staff are super friendly, the pool is a great size and actually has some depth to it, and they have a cool poolside fireplace, free coffee and tea in the morning, and loads of reasonably priced parking. The facility is right next to a fantastic mall with Nordstrom Rack, Target, Macys, and a swath of other food and shopping opportunities. If you don't mind staying a bit back from the coast, it provides good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive review concerning the amenities of the hotel and our great location, so convenient to some superb shopping and central to the many attractions of the area. I am sorry to learn of the plumbing issues, which I am pleased we were able to address when brought to our attention. We value your business and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I'm a frequent traveler with Starwood and was attempting to locate a Starwood brand hotel near my Central LA office while I'm in town. This option came up as an 9 mile commute so I decided to give it a try. The check-in experience was not great...the gentleman at the front desk was lovely but my feather-free request (which is on file as part of my SPG profile) was not acknowledged until I arrived at approx 10 pm (I'm from the East coast so that's about 1 am for me) so I had to wait for their houseman to address that issue and even when he said he was, he wasn't doing it properly. I'm glad I went up to the room to oversee him as he attempted to simply remove the pillows instead of remove the linens that had been contaminated with the feather pillows because I really wasn't in the mood for a run to the emergency room at that late hour. The lighting in the room was terrible - there were a only few task type lamps available on the desk and side tables, nothing overhead and the lamps that were available had these terrible bright bulbs in them. As I settled in for the evening the issues continued - ice is only available on floors 3,5, and 7, no in-room safe is available, the carpet was stained, the bathroom was miniature with barely any space to put toiletries on the counter and the toilet was the size you see in elementary schools. Thankfully the curtains closed well to allow for a dark room while sleeping and the traffic noise from the nearby highway was minimal, the bed was also comfortable and the linens seemed clean. It wasn't until I woke the next morning that I realized the shower had someone else's hair and a spashled red liquid still on the wall - that was never cleaned off during my four night stay. I had had my parking ticket validated the night before at check-in and asked if the ticket could be used again the next day, the front-desk confirmed it could. When I went to leave on day 2 it didn't work. Returning on day 2 I checked with the front desk again they seemed surprised it didn't work and issued a new ticket and confirmed it could be used again for the rest of my stay - it worked when leaving on day 3 but not on my final departure on day 4. It seems that the parking tickets are a recurring issue based on other reviews - management clearly needs to address this. I have to agree with others that it's laughable that a fee for parking is charged - it's simply a parking lot with an access gate and with no secondary entrance it was fairly annoying to have to park at the back of the building where the parking lot was fairly dark and not well lit then walk all the way around to the front entrance to get to my room. Overall - I think this hotel is fine if you are staying for a quick overnight from LAX - with a shuttle available and good proximity to the airport it seems like an OK option, but I will not be returning and would not recommend this hotel for a longer stay.

Room Tip: If you have bad knees you may want to inquire as to handicapped accessible rooms as the toilet in th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelGal1016

Thank you for your constructive comments and please accept our apologies for the number of challenges you experienced. Your feedback will be valuable in our on-going review of service and we will follow up accordingly. Please contact my office directly so that we can welcome you back and extend special courtesies as a gesture of goodwill. We know your stay was not typical and would like to show your our true colors!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Good, room, clean. Bathrooms are TINY and the toilets are like 2 feet off the ground, way too low! Other than that the hotel is comfortable. Food is okay. So many restaurants nearby that I would recommend going out. Real close to Sony Studios which was nice (the reason we went).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your constructive feedback and we wish that we could do something about the bathroom size! Our aim is always to provide a clean and comfortable stay with friendly, efficient service and we are pleased that this goal was achieved. Thank you for your business, we look forward to welcoming you back should you return to the Los Angeles area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City
LAX Area
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!