“Just what you need...”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I used to live in LA for many years so I went from being a LA citizen to an LA business traveler...therefore im confident to say that I know LA inside out. Because LA is so spread out there are two key words when you travel to LA.." Traffic and Location" . Since you can't avoid the first one, you can play around with the second one. The Four point Hotel is located in Culver City ( which is LA )Culver City is a a portion of what its called West LA. Its relatives close to LAX, 20 min by car either by the 405 or by Sepulveda Ave, I rather take Sepulveda because the 405 is always stuck, like all the other LA highways anyway. Culver City is also very close to Marina and not too far from Santa Monica or the famous Venice beach. If you are traveling for pleasure, chances are the you gonna spend most of your time in West LA, which include also Beverly hills, even if its not really that close to Culver City, but you need a car anyway wherever you wanna go.
The hotel now. Well I've been here several time in this property. I like it because like I said its very convenient, do NOT expect anything fancy, this is not the place for this, the room are OK, nice, clean but OK, the staff is very helpful and gentle. Its also very convenient price wise, which is important consider that LA hotels are not that cheap in good areas. They also have a very convenient parking lot not for free.
The best part is that opposite to the hotel there is a BIG mall, where you can buy anything plus food of course and never the less a Golds Gym is located also inside the mall, and its very new too, the mall has been totally remodeled less than 3 years ago.
Back to the hotel, room like I said are OK, not too modern but not too old either, the bathroom could be better but its very much decent, the beds are comfortable. The hotel got a sort of restaurant in front of the reception, after being flying for 12 hours I did eat there few times, but like I said because I was flying for 12 hours and I was dead tired, otherwise I suggest you to get your car and drive to Santa Monica promenade, the restaurant is not really a " real" restaurant, they have food and the waiter as far as I remember was also very nice but the menu and the quality are for "jet legers".
Anyway, would I stay here again ? Yeah of course I would and I will, would I take my loverhere for a romantic get away in LA ?Probably not.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty much all alike, the one in the back of the hotels are maybe more quite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Niccolo2772
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your brought up of things to our attention from the restaurant, condition of the room to the size of the bathroom. Your satisfaction is very important to us and defnitely we will be using your feedback to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff was awesome -- front desk and bar!! But the room was small, the bathroom was tiny! This was an average hotel room. My two pet peeves -- small towels and paper coffee cups -- greeted me in the room. Fortunately, I was there on a business trip so I spent very little time in the room. WiFi was more than adequate (never dropped), parking was fine (dang the lot filled up fast at night!), and the location was central and close to LAX and my office. For the price, it was OK. Teeny bathroom, and small room (I had to move the ottoman as I was afraid I'd trip on it if I got up in the middle of the night). Room was clean, quiet, and yes, I slept well.

The best was the front desk staff (Ferdinand, who gave me a quiet room as requested, and Pam), and the bar staff (Sergio). Super friendly and helpful, all three of them!

Oh, another pet peeve... when housekeeping throws out the paper. That I hadn't yet finished reading. It was left on the table by the chair. Neatly folded so I could finish reading it that night. Got into the room that night, and no paper. Really? Please don't throw things out just for the heck of it. If I wanted to toss it, I clearly saw the recycle bin, as I'd been putting the paper there previously.

So, just average. Nothing special. Close to freeways, close to a mall, close to LAX, close to my office. Decent price. Decent food in the bar (dunno about the restaurant).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sueheim

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feeback with us. We truly appreciate your positive feedback on our staff for exceeding your expectations on our service. We thank you for bringing up some of the issues you have experienced from small room, tiny bathroom, small towels to paper coffee cups. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we want to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights with my family for USC's commencement. Even with a bit of traffic, it only took about 20 minutes to get where we needed to be from the hotel. The hotel was very clean, the staff polite, and we enjoyed all the provided amenities. The buffet breakfast was pretty underwhelming, but the fact that it had an omelette bar kicked it up a notch. Easy to get to the freeways, and located right by a mall, so everything we could need was in very close proximity. The pool area was nice as well.

If we were going to the same area again, I'd likely choose to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Well, it is an older hotel off the freeway and it is not too expensive. The staff seem to care and are friendly and pleasant, especially the bartender - great guy. But the rooms are what they are. - kind of "Motelly".

But if you keep your expectations in line - you will be satisfied with a quick stay here. And good luck finding anything better for the price around here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your comments and we are very sorry to hear that your most recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations particularly the condition and age of the hotel. Customer service is our utmost priority and it's always nice to hear when one of our staff members stands out from the rest, we will be sure to mention your kind comments. I hope we will be welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed there for 10 nights and it was the best place. We arrived around 3PM and took a taxi to the hotel which costed 19$ -- 15mn to go there. WHen we arrived we were warmly welcomed by a wonderful man with a fantastic personality : Matt ! He is working at the Reception & deserve to be congratulate for his very nice daily work!

The room is very clean & nice, you have everything you need.
- Free wifi for all your devices all the time everywhere in the hotel
- Fridge (so you can buy your own food and stock it into it)
- necessary for coffee & tea complimentary
- a bottle of water free upon arrival (and i think you have it everyday but i'm not sure as we never ask for the service all along our stay as we don't want the housekeeping to do the room, didn't want to disturb and it was all fine. we asked two times news towels…)
- TV with channel 21 (if you love food!!!!)

During our stay we wanted to rent a car, so we kindly ask Pamela (who were on training) to call a rental car society. Four Points works with AVON rental car, we took a car for only 24h, it was 88$ with GPS and all the assurances. We changed society the day after : MARATHON, we took the car for 8days and it was 636$ with GPS & all the assurances. Someone came and drove us to the place where you take your car and the last day you have to drive the car back to the place you took it, if not you can let the car at the hotel they will come and pick it up for 15dollars.

The service was amazing.

The best thing is that this hotel is VERY WELL situated! You have a very huge mall in front of it, just need to cross the road, you have good shopping and a "terrace dinning" with : Panda Express, Sushi Bar, Burger King, Starbucks, Target, Best Buy, Forever 21, Foot locker, H&M, Auntie Ann's, Disney Store, Victoria Secret…olive garden (a highlight to the bruschettas and peach & mango) you also have a place where you can do your own tee-shirt for 30dollars. It's really nice. You also have a Marshall right next to the hotel.
The bus stop is just in front of the hotel which is perfect if you want to explore L.A.
25mn to go to another Target, ToysRus, Ross & "The promenade" is 2mn by car behind the resort where you have a cinema, some restaurants….

You don't have that much of choices for room service but it's good and as i suppose most of the time you'll be out…but you have "filet mignon with french fries", salad caesar.. but the guy who serve you is cool. The restaurant if open until 9PM and room service until 10PM (if I'm not mistaken)

To sum up, it was a very nice stay if we go back to LA we will definitely go back there !!!!

Thank you for this unforgettable stay!!

Drauback : the parking is not free, so if you rent a car you need to valid your tickets with receptionist and pay 12$ per day.

Room Tip: we were in 306, it was 3floor and you have elevator ! our room was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flylikebuterfly m
Ian-Gee-GM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback and the complimentary words about Matt! He is a great guy and we are fortunate to have him on our Team. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our location ideal for your needs....we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to LA.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Hotel is very conveniently located.Friendly check- in, Matt the front desk person was very helpful and a delight to interact with.
Room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good and reasonable the servers were very friendly. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Your positive feedback is much appreciated and we will certainly pass along your kind words to Matt! We value your business and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

After reading the reviews on here AFTER I booked the hotel, I was a little worried, but I did not need to be. The check in process was easy and Brenda was really good and informative.
The room was very clean and comfortable too. Agree with the height of the loo, it is about 2ft off the ground, you are basically squatting!
The room had a fridge and coffee / tea making facilities. It also have a very large flat screen TV which would be great if all the channels listed worked, I got 5 really boring channels, so spent most of my time on the ipad. The hotel offers free wifi throughout the hotel, which is run at a very good speed.
We were located on level 3, which had a ice machine and also a vending machine for drinks although in the foyer, there are other machines that sell snacks too.

The bar was very well stocked and they run a happy hour from 5pm-7pm. Dollar off beer and half price appetisers, although we never ate so cannot comment on the food.

Parking is charged at $12 a night, so be careful of that although there is a Westfield shopping centre located across the road, and many cars we're being left there overnight.

Overall we had a great 3 night stay, and would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunny P

Sunny, thank you for your comments. Brenda is a great associate and we are indeed fortunate to have her on our Team! Will investigate the TV channel issue as this should not be a challenge with the variety of programming we generally have available. We appreciate the 'heads up'!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
Westside
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#225 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!