“Decent hotel on the Westside”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hotel is close to Vet's Auditorium in Culver City and directly down Sepulveda from Los Angeles International (LAX). Rooms on the east overlooking your parked vehicle are preferable over rooms on the West facing the noise of the 405 Freeway.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
welovetrips, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you Phillip for your response and we appreciate you staying with us.

I am sorry we were not able to make your stay excellent and I hope that in the future that you can give us a chance to do that.

Regards,

James Gray

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Visiting family in culver city and this hotel was close by. Room was comfortable but the bathroom was tiny with a miniature toilet. I joined there reward program and got a free breakfast and there were many options to choose from. Free internet was awesome. There was a workout room and a very large pool. Parking 12 a day with in and out privileges. Even with parking cost less than the marriott courtyard next door. There was a very large desk area in the room. The front desk staff were the best. Genuine people trying to make your stay better I appreciate this. They had cookies one day and fruit the next although I did not take either I was still pleased that they were offered. Yes I would come back the large mall next door and the awesome front desk are reason alone. I am from this area and worked at this hotel when it was the 1980's it was Howard Johnson then, I like it much better now.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your kind response about your stay at our property.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we were happy to have you. When your in the area next time we really hope that you will be able to join us again.

Regards.

James Gray

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Family wanted to spend the weekend in Cali for some much needed beach time but did not want to pay beach hotel prices. This hotel was perfect. About 20 minute drive to Santa Monica, with traffic.
Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean. Bathroom was a little small. Wifi was slow in the room.

Nice mall across the street with lots of stores and restaurants.

We will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Anne C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your feedback. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve upon it, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed with this hotel before. It is close to airport and big shopping centre right next store. Staff are polite and cheerful and enjoyed the breakfast.
Two things let them down
1. when I asked for a taxi in the lobby they ordered a local driver, who drove me to the airport, with no meter and charged me good 25% more than a taxi would have cost. The hotel put me in a difficult spot- I don't feel they looked after me, their customer. They had some sort of deal going with this driver I think, so keen on looking after him, no me.
2. when I emailed to ask about this so other customers don't get the same experience I got a response from their international email centre, who said they would contact the local management and I would hear from them. I never did.

SO BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ASK THEM TO CALL FOR A TAXI. IF THEY DONT HAVE A METER AGREE ON A PRICE BEFORE TRAVELLING OR ASK HOTEL STAFF WHAT YOU ARE MEANT TO DO, OR ASK FOR A TAXI WITH A METER. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, DONT EXPECT HOTEL TO GET BACK TO YOU.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank donaldandkim

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations particularly issue with the taxi and management not responding to your concerns. At the Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am so sorry that we weren't able to do that for you.We will use the feedback you gave us to ensure other options for our guests with their transportation requests and provide a better experience in the future. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust and have another chance to provide you a superior service.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a night on 26th of May , I had chosen this hotel mainly because it was closer to the airport and had a mall next door. Nothing fancy about the property, the carpet in the room needs to be thoroughly cleaned , request the management to change it or clean it was stinking.

Room Tip: Not close to any attractions , stay only if you have work near by
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBharti

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, it is apparent in this case that we fell short particularly issue with the carpet. If you give us another opportunity to arn your trust and goodwill, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hote experience that so many our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Hotel room is fine, clean and comfortable - a bigger toilet would be good, but I had no problem with it. In fact I shifted to a higher floor than that was allocated to me, just after I checked in - which was very helpful. Good in-room dining options. Since I stayed there for business, I have not much to complain as I did not spend much time in the room. The location is fantastic,just opposite the westfield mall - so a good choice if anyone wants to shop. Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
FPLAW, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The other LAX properties for SPG are just awful-they don't even try to fight the wear and tear and dead soullessness that is in the heart of an airport hotel. This one somehow is miles away better, probably just because it's a little further away (but still less than 10 mins to the airport). It is very convenient for just about anywhere you want to get in LA while still being near to the airport.

The building was a Howard Johnson at some point (you can still see the lettering on the front of the hotel) and as a result has some weird quirks, like the lonnngggg ramp from reception to the elevators, and the library area (seriously, it's a large sitting room area off of the lobby that has bookshelves and chairs and tables. It's actually kind of nice.)

This property looks recently refreshed, at least on the SPG floor. Furniture was fine. Television was HUGE. Bathroom was big enough, at least not tiny, and there were two shelves in the shower for toiletries, you don't have to balance them on the edge of the tub. Water pressure was decent enough. Only two sets of towels provided. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were fresh, the room was clean. There were plenty of outlets, including two next to each side of the bed. (At least the hotels are starting to learn that we need this.)

Negatives: Wifi was so slow as to be unusable - if this had been a business trip I would have complained early and often. The HVAC was difficult to control - turning it off usually didn't turn it off for 10 minutes and the same with turning it on. In order to get it to go on immediately you had to hit the thermostat DOWN drastically and then adjust later and hope it didn't decide to shut off. It was also loud - this is the second or third Four Points I've been in where the HVAC was loud difficult to use. I suspect it's because they refurbish these old hotels but don't totally replace the HVAC. Finally, the blackout curtains were anything but, they didn't even adequately darken the room at night, much less once the sun came up.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Westside
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#229 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!