“Good basic hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Four Points in Culver City is exactly what it is supposed to be. A decent place to get a good nights sleep. The hotel is clean, and the area is safe. There is nothing interesting within walking distance, unless you want to spend time in the Westfield Shopping Mall. You are close to the 405 freeway, and not far from the 10. Nearby freeway access is the primary virtue of the location. Wi-fi is free, but parking is $12. The staff at the front desk was helpful, but they were also understaffed for the size of the hotel, and we spent a fair amount of time waiting in lines. Rooms have a fridge and coffee maker, and a nice TV. Air conditioning and heat comes from a noisy wall unit. Outside noise was not an issue. There is an exercise room that is way too small for the size of the hotel, and there is no practical way to run outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
welovetrips, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

ITArsg thank you for your review of our hotel.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nothing spectacular about this hotel other than it's location is ideal for sightseeing. Beds are old with squeaky springs, bathrooms are super small, can't even open a window because of the hardware they've installed. Walls were thin and could we could hear the guests in the next room and if you want wifi- don't come here. Signal is zero.

• Stayed: July 2014

Trena1062 thank you for giving us a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I know that it really stinks about the window in our rooms.Hotels nowadays are required to not let the windows open more then 4 inches so no one, especially kids, crawl out and fall. I am please however to announce that we are doubling our wi-fi so next time you visit your wi-fi will be better then ever.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hotel is close to Vet's Auditorium in Culver City and directly down Sepulveda from Los Angeles International (LAX). Rooms on the east overlooking your parked vehicle are preferable over rooms on the West facing the noise of the 405 Freeway.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Phillip for your response and we appreciate you staying with us.

I am sorry we were not able to make your stay excellent and I hope that in the future that you can give us a chance to do that.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Visiting family in culver city and this hotel was close by. Room was comfortable but the bathroom was tiny with a miniature toilet. I joined there reward program and got a free breakfast and there were many options to choose from. Free internet was awesome. There was a workout room and a very large pool. Parking 12 a day with in and out privileges. Even with parking cost less than the marriott courtyard next door. There was a very large desk area in the room. The front desk staff were the best. Genuine people trying to make your stay better I appreciate this. They had cookies one day and fruit the next although I did not take either I was still pleased that they were offered. Yes I would come back the large mall next door and the awesome front desk are reason alone. I am from this area and worked at this hotel when it was the 1980's it was Howard Johnson then, I like it much better now.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your kind response about your stay at our property.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we were happy to have you. When your in the area next time we really hope that you will be able to join us again.

Regards.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Family wanted to spend the weekend in Cali for some much needed beach time but did not want to pay beach hotel prices. This hotel was perfect. About 20 minute drive to Santa Monica, with traffic.
Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean. Bathroom was a little small. Wifi was slow in the room.

Nice mall across the street with lots of stores and restaurants.

We will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Anne C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your feedback. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve upon it, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed with this hotel before. It is close to airport and big shopping centre right next store. Staff are polite and cheerful and enjoyed the breakfast.
Two things let them down
1. when I asked for a taxi in the lobby they ordered a local driver, who drove me to the airport, with no meter and charged me good 25% more than a taxi would have cost. The hotel put me in a difficult spot- I don't feel they looked after me, their customer. They had some sort of deal going with this driver I think, so keen on looking after him, no me.
2. when I emailed to ask about this so other customers don't get the same experience I got a response from their international email centre, who said they would contact the local management and I would hear from them. I never did.

SO BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ASK THEM TO CALL FOR A TAXI. IF THEY DONT HAVE A METER AGREE ON A PRICE BEFORE TRAVELLING OR ASK HOTEL STAFF WHAT YOU ARE MEANT TO DO, OR ASK FOR A TAXI WITH A METER. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, DONT EXPECT HOTEL TO GET BACK TO YOU.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank donaldandkim

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations particularly issue with the taxi and management not responding to your concerns. At the Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside, we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am so sorry that we weren't able to do that for you.We will use the feedback you gave us to ensure other options for our guests with their transportation requests and provide a better experience in the future. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust and have another chance to provide you a superior service.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a night on 26th of May , I had chosen this hotel mainly because it was closer to the airport and had a mall next door. Nothing fancy about the property, the carpet in the room needs to be thoroughly cleaned , request the management to change it or clean it was stinking.

Room Tip: Not close to any attractions , stay only if you have work near by