“great value”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Windsor, Canada
“great value”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very clean and convenient location. Outside entrance to rooms. Small pool but shaded when we returned to hotel. Front desk nice. Outdated furniture but okay for staying the night. Had an elevator to get to upper floors.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Clean room. Location is great for Culver City and 10 minutes to the beach. For $100 a night, one would expect a little more, but it's LA, in Portland this would be a $49 motel room. Bath linens. are like sandpaper. Good Italian place down the block on the corner, Villa Italian.

Room Tip: Away from the street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The room was big enough, the staff were nice enough, everything was clean enough. It's busy though, need to reserve in advance. I am not sure if the little pool by the reception was the "spa". We were busy anyway and didn't use it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Perth, West Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I will declare my hand before I write this review, I was very annoyed when I booked this hotel as I booked for 2 adults and 2 kids and was stung an extra $20 per night for an extra person by the booking web site, $100 on top of the stated bill. I later found the $100 on the web site in much smaller print ...not a good start ..just be aware booking is for a family of 3 NOT 4

I will try and be impartial in this review

Finding the hotel is easy as the turn off from the highway takes you directly into the hotel, booking in was friendly and efficient. Though the hotel has no facility for passport safes in the room or reception and no laundry on site either( one is walking distance down the road)

The room was more than ample in size and well presented, though we did find holes in the bed sheets and nylon blanket, also the bed sheets seemed a bit on the small side for queen size beds.
The toilet facilities were bit of a jumble with an inoperable bath plug (lever broken off) and hand basin etc outside the bathroom in open view of the sleeping area. Towels were on the thin small size too
The free internet access was easy to set up and one of the best I have encounted in my travels on site parking was great too
Morning breakfast was basic but quite adequate to with cereals, pastries and coffee on offer with no limits, though only 6 seats were available.
Would I stay at the Sunburst again? It was acceptable though not cheap either. But mainly I was annoyed with the online booking agency allowing 4 people booking price to have another $100 added to the cost

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank talk2me33

Travellers are raving about these Culver City hotels

Provo, Utah
Reviewed 19 January 2014

There is a traffic signal at the entrance of this motel. It's a protected green light, so you can make a left or right turn onto Sepulveda or go straight onto the 405 with ease. No circling around the block. Plus, it's only one block from Tito's Tacos. The room was clean and maid service was excellent. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast was good. There was a fridge in my room, but no microwave. Traffic noise was very loud, but I just turned on the fan at night and I didn't notice it at all. There is plenty of free parking. There was no printer for the computer in the lobby, but they said one was on order. The showerhead was very high, so good for tall people. The water gets very hot and the water pressure was powerful. The price was very reasonable (less than $100/night). I originally was going to book my room on their website, but I noticed it wasn't a protected site when they asked for personal information (no lock icon, http instead of https). I booked through booking.com and that worked fine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 29 October 2013

our stay was good and we liked this hotel. there was free parking and wifi. wifi was OK even in the rooms. rooms were big and clean, bed was comfortable. room had refrigirator, hair drier and a table, everything you need for a short stay. but breakfast is not sufficient.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I loved everything about this hotel, it was spacious, wifi. Comfy bed, jacuzzi, it was great!!!! I would def, stay the night again. :)) me and my boyfriend couldn't find any available hotels to stay at, we live in San Diego and we went to Santa Monica so we needed to stay over night, and we looked up everywhere , but everything was full, except this hotel. We got the spa room with the jacuzzi, it was amazing, HBO channels to watch movies, and relaxing in the the jacuzzi , just a perfect night :))

• Stayed August 2013
Comfort Inn Santa Monica
#23 of 36 in Santa Monica
The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City

Been to Sunburst Spa & Suites Motel? Share your experiences!