Sunburst Spa & Suites Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ramada Culver City(Culver City)
View Hotel
Half Moon Motel(Culver City)
View Hotel
Villa Brasil Motel(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
Motor Inn Motel(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
The Culver Hotel(Culver City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanminute drivewould definitely stay here againwithin walking distancefree parkingfreewaycleanlinesscarpet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We chose this place because we were on a budget, but we couldn't believe how terrible the condition of the rooms were. Even the cheap motels we've stayed at in the past looked great compared to this place. Our biggest complaint was the plumbing - every time anyone in a room close to ours flushed a toilet or took a shower, it sounded like a waterfall was running through our bathroom. It was impossible to tune out that noise. Our shower was extremely difficult to turn on, and it dripped even when it had been turned off for hours. The toilet also dripped, and the sink wouldn't drain until we unscrewed the stopper ourselves. The front desk clerk didn't care about our complaints at all, and we had to wait over 24 hours to speak to the manager who didn't care either (he just stared at us without offering an apology). The wifi didn't work at all until I complained for the third time, at which point they finally decided to stop saying there was nothing wrong and checked the connection (funny how it started working then...). The towels had multiple stains, the bedspread was stained, there was a black bug in the bathroom, the bedsprings were completely shot, the phone ringer couldn't be turned off at night, and the ceiling creaked loudly every time people took a step in the room above ours or walked on the outdoor corridor upstairs. This motel also has a mandatory daily housekeeping policy; we requested to have no housekeeping and were told by the front desk clerk that our room had to be cleaned daily "in case you drop food on the floor and ants come." I couldn't imagine a place less welcoming than this.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Coralle86
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very clean and convenient location. Outside entrance to rooms. Small pool but shaded when we returned to hotel. Front desk nice. Outdated furniture but okay for staying the night. Had an elevator to get to upper floors.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky D
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Clean room. Location is great for Culver City and 10 minutes to the beach. For $100 a night, one would expect a little more, but it's LA, in Portland this would be a $49 motel room. Bath linens. are like sandpaper. Good Italian place down the block on the corner, Villa Italian.

Room Tip: Away from the street
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The room was big enough, the staff were nice enough, everything was clean enough. It's busy though, need to reserve in advance. I am not sure if the little pool by the reception was the "spa". We were busy anyway and didn't use it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I will declare my hand before I write this review, I was very annoyed when I booked this hotel as I booked for 2 adults and 2 kids and was stung an extra $20 per night for an extra person by the booking web site, $100 on top of the stated bill. I later found the $100 on the web site in much smaller print ...not a good start ..just be aware booking is for a family of 3 NOT 4

I will try and be impartial in this review

Finding the hotel is easy as the turn off from the highway takes you directly into the hotel, booking in was friendly and efficient. Though the hotel has no facility for passport safes in the room or reception and no laundry on site either( one is walking distance down the road)

The room was more than ample in size and well presented, though we did find holes in the bed sheets and nylon blanket, also the bed sheets seemed a bit on the small side for queen size beds.
The toilet facilities were bit of a jumble with an inoperable bath plug (lever broken off) and hand basin etc outside the bathroom in open view of the sleeping area. Towels were on the thin small size too
The free internet access was easy to set up and one of the best I have encounted in my travels on site parking was great too
Morning breakfast was basic but quite adequate to with cereals, pastries and coffee on offer with no limits, though only 6 seats were available.
Would I stay at the Sunburst again? It was acceptable though not cheap either. But mainly I was annoyed with the online booking agency allowing 4 people booking price to have another $100 added to the cost

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family