“It's been 5 years... WORTH THE WAIT.”
Review of Johnnie's Pastrami

Johnnie's Pastrami
Ranked #7 of 316 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Miami, Florida, United States
“It's been 5 years... WORTH THE WAIT.”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I haven't been to Johnie's for 5 years at least - and I got a chance to go this past week when I was in LA. Let me tell you - it was WORTH THE WAIT.

You can't go and not have the Pastrami, but my buddy isn't a fan, so he ordered the Patty Melt. Under any other circumstances, his patty melt would have been a stand-out, but this was Johnie's after, where Pastrami rules the world. We also ordered the onion rings, which were an "A+"

Do yourself a favor: Schedule yourself into LA a day early and take in Johnie's for a late lunch. Wash down your sandwich and rings with a hand-made milkshake and take an early nap.

• Visited April 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Pastrami/Corned Beef at it's best!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've been to Johnnie's Pastrami on Washington dozens of times, but I wasn't reviewsing on TA then. Had time to go there on Wednesday night. As expected, outstanding sandwich (Hot Corned Beef on French Roll), fries/onion rings, water...and Heineken. All while sitting outside at 7:30 pm at night by the fire in shorts and T-shirts.

Pickles to die for.

All of it was as good as I ever remembered it when I used to live just 10 blocks away. Nice to know some things haven't changed in the 17 years since you first went and were so impressed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ScumOne
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Place is called Johnnie's not Johnny's and its on Sepulveda not Adams.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Johnnie's is far and away the best pastrami sandwich in Los Angeles. The outdoor seating area is nice with a great fire pit to keep you warm on those latte night visits. I love the pickles, people in the know will ask for the "atomic" mustard and clear those sinuses. I'm literally drooling just thinking about it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Christian H
Culver City, California
“50's style fun on a bun hun.”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Johnnie's is A Favorite Staple of my family since 1960's , We'd drive by on movie night ,on the way to the Culver Drive -In Theater , sometimes we'd stop bye on the way home ! Then there'd be a MOB . But just like in childhood Johnnie's Juke Box played away. Inspiring some to sing or dance . Wether you sit outside at the fire pits or inside on a stool . The Pastrami is Delicious Sandy is calm & quick. Late night takes you back to days gone bye, simpler times. With the best food you just don't wanna miss . Hat's off to Johnnie's Pastrami , my mother asked me to take her there just last night . Just like Mom we won't know how to live without you. JUST LOVE THAT TOWER OF PASTRAMI !

• Visited March 2014
Inglewood, California
“Where did the pastrami come from?????”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have been a fan of Johnnie's for 30 years. Now the pastrami is dry and has the flavor of cardboard and basically poor quality. Get it together. You gave a reputation to uphold.

• Visited February 2014