“Taste so Good...”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Tried their Hot Pastrami on French roll and I was surprise the size of the meat oozing fresh from the pan. It taste like moisture and oily in your mouth without the pickles, jalapenos, or mustard on it. Unlike other pastrami I tasted before this one has distinctive taste that's similar to homemade pastrami. It's raw and I feel like home only to find out that the place is small and it gets crowded at times. Parking is difficult to find a spot but if you go there on lunch I don't think it's an issue.

1  Thank S0lange13

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I haven't been to Johnie's for 5 years at least - and I got a chance to go this past week when I was in LA. Let me tell you - it was WORTH THE WAIT.

You can't go and not have the Pastrami, but my buddy isn't a fan, so he ordered the Patty Melt. Under any other circumstances, his patty melt would have been a stand-out, but this was Johnie's after, where Pastrami rules the world. We also ordered the onion rings, which were an "A+"

Do yourself a favor: Schedule yourself into LA a day early and take in Johnie's for a late lunch. Wash down your sandwich and rings with a hand-made milkshake and take an early nap.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've been to Johnnie's Pastrami on Washington dozens of times, but I wasn't reviewsing on TA then. Had time to go there on Wednesday night. As expected, outstanding sandwich (Hot Corned Beef on French Roll), fries/onion rings, water...and Heineken. All while sitting outside at 7:30 pm at night by the fire in shorts and T-shirts.

Pickles to die for.

All of it was as good as I ever remembered it when I used to live just 10 blocks away. Nice to know some things haven't changed in the 17 years since you first went and were so impressed.

1  Thank ScumOne
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Johnnie's is far and away the best pastrami sandwich in Los Angeles. The outdoor seating area is nice with a great fire pit to keep you warm on those latte night visits. I love the pickles, people in the know will ask for the "atomic" mustard and clear those sinuses. I'm literally drooling just thinking about it.

1  Thank Christian H
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Johnnie's is A Favorite Staple of my family since 1960's , We'd drive by on movie night ,on the way to the Culver Drive -In Theater , sometimes we'd stop bye on the way home ! Then there'd be a MOB . But just like in childhood Johnnie's Juke Box played away. Inspiring some to sing or dance . Wether you sit outside at the fire pits or inside on a stool . The Pastrami is Delicious Sandy is calm & quick. Late night takes you back to days gone bye, simpler times. With the best food you just don't wanna miss . Hat's off to Johnnie's Pastrami , my mother asked me to take her there just last night . Just like Mom we won't know how to live without you. JUST LOVE THAT TOWER OF PASTRAMI !