“Always come back to Johnnie's when in LA”
Review of Johnnie's Pastrami

Johnnie's Pastrami
Ranked #2 of 312 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Federal Way, WA
“Always come back to Johnnie's when in LA”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Johnnie's is always our first stop after a plane ride from Seattle to LA whether is in the morning or late at night. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. I like their "French Dip" style Hot Pastrami Sandwiches better then the famous Carnegie Deli in NYC. Love the service, (servers here for years), atmosphere and food. We love this place

• Visited August 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food, atmosphere, people all great! For the price - worth it! I would recommend a drive, even in LA to get one of their sandwiches. The beer was very cold ... the way it should always be served. I had the Hot Pastrami!

Visited July 2014
Gallatin, Tennessee
“Awesome as always!!!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visited L.A. after a five year absence making Johnnie's a must stop. The food was as expected GREAT!!!! The fries are my favorite! But really you go there for the pastrami which will not disappoint!

Visited July 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Woman vs. Pastrami: Pastrami Conquers”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend loves pastrami and wanted to come here to Johnnie's. From Long Beach, it took us about 40 minutes on this fine Memorial Day Monday--which makes this place blessedly empty so far. I've never been here but I like the patio dining area where we sat. There were cute little picnic style tables with flower boxes lining the perimeter of the patio. I ordered the pastrami combo which included a sandwich, crinkle cut fries, and coleslaw for 16.75$ and a side of au jus sauce (.75$ for Swiss cheese) and a root beer fountain drink (free refills). My guy ordered a pastrami with Swiss and a drink. Our total came to a few cents shy of 38$. It's a little more than I'd rather spend on my sandwich meal but they're pretty big. Half a sandwich will fill you up.
The lady that served us was super friendly, the grounds clean, the sandwich okay, but pastrami is not my favorite (when in Culver City...) the fries Hot...and they give you thickly sliced pickles to munch on when you're seated--yum, they're good!

FYI--cash only and woman's restroom is in the kitchen.

• Visited May 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Taste so Good...”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Tried their Hot Pastrami on French roll and I was surprise the size of the meat oozing fresh from the pan. It taste like moisture and oily in your mouth without the pickles, jalapenos, or mustard on it. Unlike other pastrami I tasted before this one has distinctive taste that's similar to homemade pastrami. It's raw and I feel like home only to find out that the place is small and it gets crowded at times. Parking is difficult to find a spot but if you go there on lunch I don't think it's an issue.

• Visited April 2014