“Fabulous food - pricey”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sherbourne
Transit: Near the metro stop at National and Washington Blvd as well as the Bus stop all along the block - great location.
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

4 of us had a celebration meal last night. We started with 2 servings of the diver scallops which were the hit of the evening! One large diver scallop on Pork Belly with great accompaniments. Which at $14 we didn't order more of. We also had the pizza special (good), duck leg (good), beets (fabulous)!!! Risotto with lemon mushrooms Parmesan (fabulous). Dinner plates were priced appropriately in the low $20. Halibut the best! Beef cheeks -rich with great spices, salmon - good served with the most amazing lavender potatoes. 2 good desserts.
A little slow with the drink service but a nice waiter and attentive staff.

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food, perfect service, and nice ambiance in culver city. We were 4 for our last day in the US after 2 weeks touring in California, and we had there a very good food, perfect cooking of meat, nice risotto and memorable pizzeta to share as a starter.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

You wonder when you read a comments or a description of a restaurant if this is going to really match your expectations.
Never been so perfect. We looked what was close to where a friend of ours lived and found this Restaurant with a desciption of a food supplied directly by farms, sustainable cooking and intriguing plates.
It was probably a slow night and I guess that the restaurant managed by Julie Retzlaff with Chef Whitney Flood is kind of new in the area,
The welcome was very warm and the manager showed to us the option of sitting outside or inside. Both areas are very pleasant and quite for a nice dinner with friends who want to have a good conversation.
The waiter very friendly and very professional to show to us all the different plates. We had a friend allergic to lactose and the waiter managed with the Chef to indicate the best plates for her and slightly modify them if possible to accomodate her needs.
The four of us tried different plates, I have had the bacon wraped chicken and the risotto (I never miss a risotto if is on the menu) and the pannacotta.
While waiting for dinner had their home made focaccia and bread with olive oil and on another plate butter. The olive oil was of very good quality.
The surprise started from the bread made with mother dough. The outside very crusty and the flavour of a real mother doughbread. I travel a lot and I can say that it is the best I had so far in restaurants in USA.
The focaccia was very good too but from my point of view a little too brown on the outside.
The plates arrived, the portions are not large and they allow to have a full meal and enjoy the work of the Chef.
Lovely bacon wrap chicken with a chutney on the side. All flavors where matching well with no overwelming spices.
The risotto was very pleasant, my only comment, being Italian and fond of risotto is that I would have liked it a little more "aldente" but I guess that in US the palat prefers a little extra cooking time. The conbination of the flavours again very nice and pleasant.
To finish with a very delicate Pannacotta.
We really loved the whole meal and I suggest to go because the last surprise is that the quality of the food matches with a very reasonable price.
Great work Muddy Leek!! If I lived in the area I would definitely be one of their best Customers.

1  Thank Grugo
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our group of 9 had the comfortable outdoor patio table and we loved the feel of the tall wooden walls punctuated with epiphyte plants. Being a bigger group we were pushed toward family style dining even though we were not especially inclined to eat that way preferring sharing items by two people together. Some items were terrific and tasty (ribs, risotto (although I couldn't really taste the morel), potato-leek tart, chicken) while others just uninspired (pizzeta (greasy) and spinach salad, which we all had higher hopes for). The desserts (we had plum cake and the deconstructed napoleon) were a fantastic blend of flavors and textures. Nice wine list (not too many places carry zweigelt) and great drinks. On another occasion I devoured a duck confit/arugula/poached egg dish that was highly satisfying!!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The quality of the food is so high, and the ambiance is so relaxed yet refined. The chef, Whitney Flood, is so tuned in to what tastes go together for an elevated culinary experience. The soft shelled crab is in season, I can't wait to go back. The best salads, succulent and tender meats and vegetables. And the cocktails are amazing! real food, in season and gorgeous-I love the back patio- a beautiful meal worthy of my limited free-time. If I'm going to go anywhere it has to be really special. Sergio is an awesome server- he's obviously proud of how great the food is. And he cares that you have the best experience possible. The leek tart melts in your mouth.