“amazing flavors of home-made ice cream”
Review of Coolhaus

Ranked #2 of 13 Dessert in Culver City
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We were visiting family in Los Angeles, and during our stay there, we took a long bicycle ride along the canal on the bike path. It was not just a leisurely ride, we were on a mission to Coolhaus. I haven't been on a bike since last summer, and am only a leisurely rider at best, so this exercise nearly killed me. When we arrived at our destination, I could barely stand up,(my legs wouldn't hold me) and ice cream, home-made and eclectic flavors, was the perfect reward for the grueling ride. The young person behind the counter was most friendly and accommodating. Seeing that we could not decide on which flavor to get, she offered us samples, and encouraged us to try many of the unusual flavors. We finally decided on fried chicken and waffle, coffee and oreo cookie, blood orange sorbet and spicey pineapple with cilantro, but there were other exotic flavors, such as balsamic fig and mascarpone, beer and pretzels and lots of other funky, yet tasty flavors. On the counter, there was a plate of cookie samples. Those, too, are most interesting, and would take another entire review. If you like dessert, specifically ice cream, and you are in Los Angeles, this is a MUST, although the prices are not bargains, but then so what?