“Delicious!”

Ranked #24 of 320 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Cafe Laurent is a gem in Culver City. We go for Sunday brunch with our daughter or a quiet lunch. The food is fantastic as is the service! Put your diet on hold and try it!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The omelettes are very good and the potatoes gratin are great. We love that we can bring our pup and she hangs out under the table. The staff brings her water and are happy we brought our dog. Great place for dog owners!

1  Thank JoshATAK
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I visited for a late breakfast on a weekday afternoon. I was one of two people in the place, which perhaps should have given me a clue of what I was in for...

First, let me say that the service was excellent. My server was very nice and prompt, and that is appreciated. With that said, I ordered the La Complète omelette: Mushrooms, brie, avocado with turkey. It was oddly bland, and even after dumping hot sauce on it I could barely get through half of it. I ordered a vanilla mocha, also equally disappointing but admittedly I did not try putting hot sauce in it to flavor it up.

Seek your meal elsewhere.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I regret to say that my lunch yesterday at a restaurant I have thought highly of was a disappointment. I overhead a couple of people saying that it is under new management. I don'[t know this to be the case but two things changed for the worse:

The basket of French bread that they rightfully take pride in came to us somewhat stale in part. Might have been due to some cut pieces having lain around for a while (it does not take French bread long to lose its freshness).

The "New Yorker" sandwich had only one thin slice of smoked salmon in the midst of the bread, lettuce, and tomatoes. The salmon was, in other words, far too little to "make" the sandwich, If you're going to charge $10 for a smoked salmon sandwich, you gotta watch your proportions (this of course applies to any kind of sandwich).

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Chosen for its French ambiance, Sunday brunch was enjoyed by six of us, each ordering something different. Two children were content, one with pancakes and the other with a crepe. . . both looked yummy. The adults were happy with one Croque Monsieur, two omelettes (l'Atlantique), and La Paysanne, and one Breakfast Sandwich (eggs, bacon on a croissant). Nice portions, good service, and even Mother Nature presented us with lovely temperatures. Music was provided by a singer/accordianist. Street parking was readily available. Only problem was the sun was a bit bright in the patio.