“Great New Years Location”
Review of Ford's Filling Station - CLOSED

Ford's Filling Station
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Watseka & Washington Blvd
Description: Fill all your senses at Ford"s Filling Station - LA's first and finest Gastropub - where the atmosphere is relaxed yet often bustling. Comfortable seating areas with warm walnut surfaces and Asian rugs create a charming intimacy amidst an informal setting. The patios are intimate, for private parties, and offer a soothing contrast to our energetic main room, which features wood-beamed ceilings, brick, polished concrete floors and an open kitchen. Machine-age lamps accent the wooden bar while large celestial chandeliers create a ceiling of soft light. Our dedication to craft is evident in the American Regional Menu, which is rustic, simple and innovative, yet familiar. The seasonal menu emphasizes flavor in exciting, uncomplicated combinations and in keeping with Chef Ford's earthy palate.
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My boyfriend and I went here for drinks on New Years. It was really great. They had a set menu but we were able to order drinks as well as a few nibbles. Fish tacos were sooooo good and fresh. The fish was still sizzling from the fryer. Great drink selection as well. And they had live music. Even though we were sitting outside, we could still hear pretty well.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Food was very good and delivered fast! Great place for an informal meeting. Will go again...and the line next door was so long.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have always heard great things about Ford's Filling Station. Finally I got the night free to give it a try. The menu isn't very extensive, but it all sounded tasty. We started our dinner with the mushroom toast.It was interesting, but I'm not sure it was worth $12. It lacked something to take it over the top.

Next on the menu for us was the porcini gnocchi(mushroom themed night I guess!) Two foods that I love and even better when they are paired together, or so I thought. The dish looked good, but I was sadly disappointed with the first bite. The gnocchi had no flavor at all. Where the porcini flavor came into play way a mystery to me. There were a few on the plate and I think the light sauce was supposed to be supportive of that, but they were a total miss. I took a total of three bites and I was done. Good thing I wasn't super hungry.

Now comes redemption time. My husband ordered the fish and chips. He's from Scotland. He knows fish and chips. It's his birthright. These fish and chips were damn good. The flavor of the fish, albeit an smaller piece for the price, was superb! I wished that I had ordered that for myself. Completely worth the visit just for this dish. He also got a side of the beer battered red onion rings which rocked as well.

Would I go back? Yeah, but just for the fish and chips. Maybe with a group if I could sample other dishes before committing to one.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I dined here with a business associate familiar with Culver City. With perfect weather and great seats, I settled in to one of the most well-crafted curries I have ever had. The spice balance, portion size, succulent shrimp and perfectly cooked rice topped by smoky bacon hit all the right notes. Service was good and I wish I lived closer to try other items. My dining partner had wings which were a bit pedestrian hence four as opposed to five rating. Definitely a good spot!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I love the food there, they have a great selection of plates to share, not the cheapest place. They have a great BBQ once in a while