“Close to perfect”

Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2014

From the outside, the building looks older; the hotel lobby/restaurant is currently being renovated; not sure if the rooms have gone through same process, but I thought my room looked new. No moldy/black spots in shower/bath or sink area, no collection of water spots; immaculately clean, furniture in great shape. Really liked the curved love seat instead of the traditional square sofa chair most rooms have--very L.A. Room was spacious, lots of bathroom counter space, very quiet, great Wi-Fi connection, fast room service. The two non-perfect items: dialed Room Service button on phone and both times rang at another guest's room--embarrassing, and I'm sure annoying to her! No regular coffee with room coffeemaker, but a quick jaunt down elevator to lobby and I got a fresh cup complimentary. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Juan C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us It is always our pleasure and delight to serve you. I am very happy to hear you really enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We appreciate your praises about our hotel. hope you come stay with us again soon and have an oppurtunity to enjoy our newly renovatated Lobby.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located near the freeways, close to dining within walking distance & comfortable rooms. If you are a light sleeper simply request a room that faces away from the freeway & enjoy! The front desk staff is very lively and fun. They were very friendly, answered all my questions & were helpful in recommending things to do around the area. I travel 235 nights per year in a hotel & I disagree with the other negative reviews! Travel isn't easy on anyone, and providing a good service isn't that easy. This hotel and staff was very very good! A+++

Tracy & Lauren were running the front desk when I checked in and were exemplary of a welcoming hotel. Being a Premier member I was unable to get an upgrade due to the suites being all booked up. Not only did I receive a very sincere apology, but I was also given breakfast for all three days of my stay to apologize! #GreatService

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

I'd like to thank you for staying with us. It is always our pleasure and delight to serve you. We appreciate you taking the time and writing such positive feedback. On behalf of Lauren and Tracy I'd like to thank you for the compliments. Hope you come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Was there here for only one night. Had a good stay at this hotel. The neighbourhood is safe to walk around and pretty as well. Very close to the highway which some might not like. No breakfast option while booking which was disappointing. Overall I had a good stay and wont mind staying here next time

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Juan C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

I would like to thank you for staying with us It is always our pleasure and delight to serve you. We appreciate your positive comments.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I read all the reviews about the Courtyard. I was very hesitant to stay at this Marriott, we got there we were put in a newly renovated room. Everything was brand new and very comfortable. The staff was very accommodating, we asked for a fridge we got it within 5 minutes. I will stay here again, gladly.

Room Tip: 12th floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Juan C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back in the near future. Our hotel improvements are coming along and we cannot wait for you to see the finished product.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This property is dirty with uncaring staff who spend more time discussing their personal life at the front desk than helping any guests. Today there was a ten minute discussion regarding medical conditions of friends while customers waited for service. Even without the current construction the elevators have scratched walls, hallway carpets filthy, windows you cannot see out of at all, and a musty smell in most rooms. The front desk staff should all be retrained as they are rude, condescending and very unhelpful. They act as if the guests are all a nuisance and barely acknowledge anyone's presence. It is hard to believe that this is a Marriott property. I have received much better service at one star hotels with caring and well trained staff. As a platinum member it is quite shocking to see this level of service and that guests are treated in such a manner.

The location of the hotel is quite good and close to LAX but it is not worth the stay as you cannot count on any service at all from the front desk. I have stayed here muliple times this year and it is only getting worse. I will not choose this property for future stays and I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Beg and plead with the front desk staff and they may or may not help you change rooms..stay away fro...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bellaroma777

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I will immediately address all you concerns with our staff and other management right away to correct these issues. Rest assured we do not take these issues lightly and will work towards eliminating service/product deficiencies. Our rewards customers are truly the staple of our business and we take pride recognizing those guests regularly. I once again want to apologize for the way in which my staff responded to you it was inappropriate and completely out of character for the manner in which we take pride in serving our guest. Responses like these are exactly what is needed to enable me rectify this situation.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I tend to choose Marriott when traveling as they are dependable and as a platinum member I often receive nice treatment. This hotel is currently being renovated and overlooks the highway. Amenities seem limited although there was a pool in the parking lot. No breakfast or happy hours included. No concierge floor. A basic and functional hotel, but no reason I would want to return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shess10

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this response about our hotel. Let me start off with apologizing for not making this a memorable stay and know that we strive to provide our guest the best in quality service and product. We will come out of our renovation with a superior product and I hope at that time you will give us another opportunity to provide you with that quality stay you have come to expect with Marriott.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was a quick business trip and I stayed only one night, but I was definitely impressed with this Marriott property. First of all, the room was a good size, and quite comfortable. The king bed was definitely comfortable. Although it took me some time to figure out the DirectTV controls (and it was odd to have a regular TV in my room and not a "hotel TV with a hotel remote") the location of the desk and TV were perfect. I loved the fact that there Paul Mitchell hair care products in the bathroom (although with my hair, the small sizes weren't enough so I didn't even crack them open). The room was nice and quiet, just as I would expect a Marriott property to be.

This property has a full restaurant on-site and so I ate both dinner (soup and salad) and breakfast (the buffet). Both were definitely better than just OK. The chef at breakfast did a "one egg omelet" that was just perfect. Service was very attentive at both seatings.

Hotel check in and out was quick and easy, and parking was charged directly to my room. The only oddity was that I had to show my paid bill when exiting (for some reason my parking ticket didn't show as being validated).

I'll definitely stay here again when I have to visit my office in Culver City. This was definitely a convenient, comfortable, and quiet hotel in which to stay. Definitely business class.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Juan C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
We look forward to seeing you back, our staff is here to provide you with the best customer service that you deserve.

Happy Holidays !

Ramada Culver City
#7 of 8 in Culver City
LAX Area
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!