“Very helpful staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The front desk staff at the DoubleTree were extremely helpful with check-in and took extra steps to ensure seemless transition between my work and vacation stays. During the stay, the staff were always very responsive, acting on requests immediately.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The convention facilities were excellent. All of the necessary equipment such as a piano, music stands and risers were available when needed. The food served at the banquet was served warm and with efficiency.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

From the front desk staff at our arrival until we checked out, this hotel had some of the friendliest staff I've encountered. They made me feel like I could ask them about anything. We had a rate that included parking and breakfast which was great. We also ate dinner at the restaurant and our meals were delicious. Walking distance to a huge mall and a straight shot, 10 or 15 minute drive to the airport (without having to get on the freeway). No complaints other than a flimsy, wobbly toilet seat and thin walls that let us hear the gentleman next door coughing repeatedly in the morning.

Room Tip: I kind of liked our room on the first floor because we never had to wait for the elevator and had qu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Overall my experience at the Double Tree Hotel was a good one. Staff was very nice and accommodating. My tube was clogged, Room was not cleaned. After I complained to the front desk (twice) I returned to the room later that evening... the room smelled fresh and was very clean. Food in the Restaurant was excellent. Try the Crab Cakes.... oh... and the tub was unclogged.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Today I was at an investment workshop that took place at the Double Tree LA Westside. I met some new friends and an elderly woman named Polly who locked her keys in her car. Brandon Feist, who works at the hotel did an amazing job by retrieving the keys out through the window which was slightly open. He did this with a long metal bar with a hook on the end. This lady went from distressed to bouncing with joy the moment he carefully removed he keys out from the car. I'd like to appreciate Brandon publicly for doing such a great job and making Polly's day.

2  Thank Christopher Jam... H
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Do not expect to receive discount rates if they are getting close to full. Parking is not generally free. Our A/C did not work our last night and our fridge froze our water and milk. One day our grandson's sheets were not completely dry. Not enough electrical receptacles near the bed. Poor shower water pressure and door failed to close completely automatically and safety lock bracket was cracked.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I thought this was a decent hotel. Nice rooms, good furnishings but a few housekeeping details would have made it better. The maid moved my cosmetics every day and threw away my travel baggies--that was a pain.

1  Thank Margaret H
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#95 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!