“Preparing for J!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My daughter was a contestant on Jeopardy! and this is the authorized hotel. Pluses were the free parking for a Hilton honors member, a good breakfast and the hotel was reasonably quiet. A/C was pretty loud and we had to wait a little too long for the room the first day (although we were comped the next day's breakfast in as a make-up).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We visited here as a family of 5 and found the hotel to be very modern and clean. The rooms are spacious and the beds are sooo comfortable. It was an excellent base to explore Hollywood, Beverley Hills and Universal Studios. The kids loved the free cookies and I loved the iced lemon and water machine in the Lobby. A fabulous place to stay.

1  Thank busybee1751
Reviewed 30 July 2014

busy, noisy hotel. Watch out for the parking (rates are $1.5 per 15 min) up to a daily maximum. Looks like some floors had been re-carpeted corridors, repainted, etc.. The room was OK spacious, clean, nothing extra. Amenities, towels, sheets, etc... all available but nothing extra or special. Reception service was terrible, long lines, long wait for restaurant service, nothing really special about this hotel except the location which is minutes from LAX. Next to the 405 freeway, so rooms are somewhat noisy on the freeway side.

Room Tip: choose a room on the back side away from the freeway.
3  Thank Sindbad2007
GMDoubletreeLAWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service at reception and our restaurant. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Kind Regards,
Bill Reider
DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside
Breider@DoubleTreeLAWestside.com

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The front desk staff (Nina) and restaurant staff (Anthony) went the extra mile to ensure I was comfortable and enjoyed my stay.

My travel itinerary was less than optimal, but the customer service I received made it worth it. I had been awake 18 hours traveling for work and had just sat in downtown LA traffic. It was now after 8pm, which was 10pm at home. I had not eaten well all day and was tired and hungry.

Without asking, Nina upgraded my room from a double to a king suite. When I asked if I could eat in the restaurant for under $25, she said she could help with that. She provided a complementary $20 voucher. The food was so good and the staff exceeded expecations with service and overall quality.

I definitely recommend this property, even if its a bit out of the way. I've been driving to and from the LA convention center for 3 days now, so there are far more convenient options. However, for the value, I would stay here again. I hope the management team reads these and does something special for Nina and Anthony for making my stay memorable. Thank you!

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms facing the highway. It didn't keep me awake, but you can hear traffic...
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The front desk staff at the DoubleTree were extremely helpful with check-in and took extra steps to ensure seemless transition between my work and vacation stays. During the stay, the staff were always very responsive, acting on requests immediately.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The convention facilities were excellent. All of the necessary equipment such as a piano, music stands and risers were available when needed. The food served at the banquet was served warm and with efficiency.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 28 July 2014

From the front desk staff at our arrival until we checked out, this hotel had some of the friendliest staff I've encountered. They made me feel like I could ask them about anything. We had a rate that included parking and breakfast which was great. We also ate dinner at the restaurant and our meals were delicious. Walking distance to a huge mall and a straight shot, 10 or 15 minute drive to the airport (without having to get on the freeway). No complaints other than a flimsy, wobbly toilet seat and thin walls that let us hear the gentleman next door coughing repeatedly in the morning.

Room Tip: I kind of liked our room on the first floor because we never had to wait for the elevator and had qu...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
LAX Area
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
#64 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!