“Please don't believe the 5 star reviews”

Travelodge Culver City
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Cleveland,OH
“Please don't believe the 5 star reviews”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Although I have no proof, I have a sneaky suspicion that some of the 5-star reviews were written by the night attendant behind the bulletproof glass in the lobby.
We chose the location due to its proximity to Hollywood and LAX. I was also impressed with its many glowing reviews. But our experience was less than stellar. My first clue that something was amiss should have been when I called to let them know that we would be late for our check-in time…and there was no answer at the front desk. We arrived, and were told the room I reserved was unavailable, but he would “upgrade” me at no charge. We were given a 2-bedroom efficiency, with a sleeper-sofa and kitchen. Now I’m no hotel snob…all I ask is a clean, quiet room and a reasonable price, but this place was not good. Stained carpet and furniture, cigarette burns on the tables and sinks, mystery smudges on the walls. The only place to eat near-by was a seedy burrito joint a block away. We drove to a mall area about 15 minutes away to get a decent meal. When we got back, I went down to the rental car to get a few last minute items, and on the way back passed several slackers on my floor smoking weed outside their room, and giving me dirty looks. During the night, a group of motorcycle riders were gunning their engines in the parking area, and when police or fire trucks went by with sirens blaring, I thought they were going to come right through the wall. We got up early, and got out of there as fast as we could. I wish we would have paid a few bucks more and stayed at on of the big chain hotels that were just as close to LAX and Hollywood.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, you will be glad you did
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank FloridaDreaming

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
ROHNERT PARK
Reviewed 28 November 2012

The staff at this hotel was always very warm and friendly! We arrived very late about 12:15am and were greeted and checked in very promptly. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The only concern was the noise level. After arriving late, I wasn't able to get to sleep until about 3am because of loud people out on the walkways, yelling down to the street. I thought maybe the staff would come out of the office and say something, but they never did. Ask for a room facing the back of the property, not a very nice view, but quieter. The Metro Diner is fantastic! Go and eat there! The people are very nice, and the food was excellent! Thanks for the nive stay!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

SACRAMENTO
Reviewed 16 November 2012

we enjoyed staying at the Travelodge,Culver City. Nice big room, fridge, great shower. We loved the Metro Diner!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City
Westside
Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites

Been to Travelodge Culver City? Share your experiences!