“Central location ”
Review of The Culver Hotel

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a friend's birthday, and had a great time. The staff was very friendly, and the hotel is well-maintained. The room was very comfortable and very modern, and updated. The lobby is nicely decorated for dining and entertainment. I really enjoyed the live band. I would make it my homebase whenever I am in Los Angeles again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

The accessibility of Downtown Culver City to Los Angeles County has been part of the reason for the incredible success of this destination. The Culver Hotel is its Crown Jewel.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

It is true that Judy Garland stayed at this hotel when filming "The Wizard of Oz." Though that's charming, it is hardly a reason to stay at this extraordinary hotel. This is my second visit and it just gets better and better. Evidently they've gone t some trouble to make innovations that just make it all the better...though I was already a huge fan/ Decor is impeccable and they have stepped up the brunch menu. Strawberry waffles are heavenly! My room was fabulous. Actually, I could have remained in there all day and part of my visit to see our daughter, we did!! When we felt we should go out, valet was amazing and courteous, the Front Officer Manager Mr. David Hall is still impeccable and there isn't anything he can't assist with...a wizard. However, the whole staff is there to assist in any way without intruding. And the location is fabulous. Culver City is quite the hot spot yet convenient to all other LA areas. Yet in walking distance there are exquisite restaurants, shopping, ATM's at your finger tips. The hotel has an amazing lounge with extraordinary live music. Though we visit our daughter, it's a very romantic environment and "charming" doesn't do it justice! I travel internationally and have enjoyed many special hotels. I can truly say that the Culver Hotel is a little nugget and seems almost magical. Everyone goes out of their way to make you feel like a star....no disrespect Judy!

Room Tip: Whenever I stay, it's a different location and they've all been equally perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I just cut and pasted your final sentence;
" I can truly say that the Culver Hotel is a little nugget and seems almost magical. Everyone goes out of their way to make you feel like a star....no disrespect Judy"
beautifully said,
Thank You.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently spent a few days at the hotel and the staff were just fantastic. Nice rooms, good food and drinks but overall the staff just excelled. Smiling, happy and warmly welcoming in all their interactions with me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

It is the staff that makes the difference, thank you for recognizing them.
See you again soon.

The Historic Culver Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We didn't know what to expect when coming to Culver City for a wedding, but it certainly wasn't this totally cool hotel. Loved the history of the place, and you could tell at every turn that you were in a classic place. The amenities, etc., are of course thoroughly modern, but the hotel maintains its vintage LA feel. The breakfast buffet food was great and the dining room better, and we enjoyed our drinks at the bar (though pricey). Several sidewalk restaurants and surrounding shops make the area fun too. Most important, the beds were fantastic -- perfect after flying 18 hours to get there!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

That trip from Qatar is crazy. My family trip takes me to South Africa and 24 hours of flying!
Thanks for joining us and letting people know of your pleasant experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I used to live in LA so I know this area well, but I'd NEVER thought of staying in Culver City when I had to come back to visit. I had a business meeting nearby, so this made sense, and a friend recommended it. If you love unique boutique hotels with personal service, you'll love this place. Add in the history and that you can walk to everything you need including shops, restaurants, and a bonus Trader Joe's for snacks and drinks... you've got it made. Live music at nighttime in the romantic lobby too. If you're a light sleeper though bring earplugs as it can get noisy outside with all the people walking around on the streets at night.

Rooms are very nice - fresh and felt new. Small bathroom but functional and beautiful. The only blemish on my stay was my room was missing its desk chair when i checked in! Weird. And FYI I did not try their food. I will definitely stay here again if I have to be in Culver City.

2  Thank sologirltraveler
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Love your moniker, Solo Girl Traveler.
it is amazing how much Culver City has changed, and people who live in LA are discovering that we are a destination in the County. It is fun being here.
Sorry about the chair, we collect old chairs with character and get them refinished, and sometimes these oldies are a little more fragile than hotel chairs should be. It has been replaced.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Spent a few nights at this "old" favorite. We had a room at the "pointed" end - windows on two sides with lots of sunshine. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly. The Hotel is situated in an area of shops and dining offering many choices and places for a nice stroll. The hotel dining room and lounge is great - nightly jazz and good food. We highly recommend this spot.

Room Tip: Top two floors in the narrow end.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EEB_11
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

The room you stayed in was the "7" series, one of our smaller rooms with a Queen bed, but one of the most popular. The Hotel was built in 1924 in the "Flatiron" shape that some would be familiar with in New York and Chicago. Harry Culver designed his City to be at the crossroads of traffic on the Westside of Los Angeles, and his centerpiece, our Hotel, was right there.

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience with our future guests.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The sweet boutique Culver Hotel absolutely met my expectations during my recent 18-night stay -- with one exception.

The staff was extraordinarily warm and friendly - they even cheered when I arrived! (Except for that one staff member who at 5:00 in the morning got a little impatient as I was trying to understand how the parking worked at the parking garage -- but it was really early...)

My room (511) was plenty big enough, loaded with comfy pillows and bedding, perfectly fluffy towels. I would have benefited from a writing surface, but I just propped myself up on the bed. Plenty of closet space and drawers -- I loved the beautiful wardrobe and appreciated the extra hangers! And despite my worry that sounds from the nightly happy hour would seep into my room -- I didn't hear a thing.

The location is very convenient: there are many good restaurants within walking distance, including the restaurant in the hotel which serves killer cocktails; a Trader Joe's a block away; a movie theatre steps away; a drug store and big grocery store within a 10 minute walk. I was primarily in the area for work, but I appreciated having these simple conveniences within walking distance for my couple of days off.

The continental breakfast was yummy: really fresh yogurt and fruit, toast, granola. Perfect.

I had the fitness room all to myself every time I used it. The equipment was good quality; the room was clean and well lit.

My only complaint is that the internet is woefully slow -- free, but slow. I could barely download email. As a business traveller, it was really inadequate, and unfortunately means I probably won't stay at this hotel the next time I'm working at Sony. This is a shame, because other than the internet issue, I was really happy here.

2  Thank Ann P

Thank you very much Ann P from London.
I was such a pleasure having you stay with us for that period of time and we do appreciate the wonderful comments you made about our hotel.
Sorry about the internet issue. We did have a Gamers Convention in town called IndieCade that did impact our service to our guests and we DO NEED and WILL BE making improvements to the service we presently have. I do realize how important this is to our modern traveler and we cannot compromise. The solution will be made soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Culver City
Ramada Culver City
#7 of 8 in Culver City
Marina Del Rey Hotel
#1 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to The Culver Hotel? Share your experiences!