“Bad Policy overshadows good food”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Honey's Kettle

Honey's Kettle
Ranked #22 of 309 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Farm fresh, fried chicken- it just tastes better! With a fresh, superior approach to fried chicken, we are proud to have been named Best Fried Chicken in LA by Los Angeles Magazine and the Huffington Post, and featured on the Food Network and in People Magazine! Our mouthwatering, hand-dipped fried chicken is made from scratch, always freshly prepared and cooked in 100% peanut oil. Our specially formulated batter withstands high temperatures, and creates a marvelous, crackling, crisp, non-greasy chicken, bursting with flavor. Our fresh fried chicken paired with delicious sides, premium honey, and freshly baked biscuits... Your taste buds will delight in the ultimate comfort food. And, our greaseless fried chicken won't weigh you down! Feel good about your fried chicken with good healthful food, delivered as fast as the old way will allow...That's Honey's Kettle.
Marina del Rey, California
“Bad Policy overshadows good food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Yes, we like Honey's Chicken but do not try to share it with friends and family. I planned a party menu around the fried chicken drumettes offered on their catering menu. In the past, they were pricy but perfect for a picnic lunch for 24. I called two weeks prior to the event to place an order and was advised to call in closer to the date. Called again and got the same answer.. Called again 5 days before the party and was told that they no longer offered the item but that I could call the next day to speak to the owner. His answer was no. I tried to work something out but the only offer that came close was to buy a wing and a biscuit for $2.99. I asked for the cost without the biscuit and was told $2.99. I needed lots of wings but not lots of biscuits and the price became excessive.There was no interest in accommodating my wishes. I had planned to purchase hush puppies and other sides too. Oh well, we bought wings at Dinah's instead. I got up early and made my own biscuits (which are yummy) and great mini corn muffins. The guests were delighted ...I had wanted to avoid the extra work. Instead I saved more than $100 and had a great party. Sorry Vincent....you lost our business forever.

• Visited September 2013

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great fried chicken and biscuits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

If you are in the mood to blow your diet, I recommend Culver City's little gem, Honey's Kettle fried chicken, cole slaw, corn on the cob, biscuit, and maybe, if you have room, the pecan pie. The lemonade is the best I've ever had. It's not fast food because it's not KFC, people, but it's very good food. I like dark meat and they do it well, but get 3 pieces because two is not really enough. The staff is super nice and also very busy, so you might be courteous and bus your own table for the next diners, as it is hard for the two guys cooking to keep up with the dining area. I would have given it 5 stars if not for having to clean off a table for us. I've eaten there twice and it was really good both times. Parking is in the free city parking structure about a half block away. If you want to make a night of it, cross the street and go to the movies at the Pacific Theaters or just walk around downtown Culver City and take in the sights.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We were in the mood to be bad and eat fried chicken, which we had not had in quite sometime. The chicken was OK, nothing great and the restaurant did not have enough employees to make sure that the tables were clean. We would never go back.

Visited December 2012
La Verne, California
“Not southern fried”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Chicken was just ok ...certainly not deserving as Los Angeles best fried chicken! Hush puppies were very dry. Wait for order was long. Lemonade was the best!

• Visited July 2012
San Francisco, CA
“Great chicken and biscuit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Delicious chicken and biscuit was out of this world!

Visited July 2012