“Not worth it.”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
New York City, New York
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I am supremely disappointed in the sandwich I just had at this place. It was $15 for a turkey sandwich that could only be described as subpar. The "sourdough" was not sour. This close to San Francisco I would expect something a bit closer to the real thing. Also it was just bland. There was too much turkey - I know everyone likes more meat on their sandwiches, but this was excessive. And the "side" of potato salad came in a 1oz. plastic cup and tasted like they had just bought it from the deli counter at the supermarket. For $15 I expect a bit more, in every respect. I will not be going back to this diner. That's another thing - if you seat people at booths and make them bring their check to a cashier when they're done, it's a diner. Not a deli. Wouldn't recommend it.

ONTARIO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must try Roll 'n Rye”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I first heard about Roll 'n Rye several years ago on KABC TalkRadio in Los Angeles. The commercial was not typical and that caught my attention. The owner and a few of her employees, including a server named Barbara, talked about the faimly atmosphere of their restaurant. On our very first visit, Barbara was our server. I can safely that she has become a freind of ours. The atmosphere is cozy, the food is great, and the service is always friendly. Besides the restaurant side, you can walk up to the deli. They sell bagels and spread to die for. We usually spend as much on our walk-away items, as we do when we eat in. It's always a great esperience. When you go, and you must, ask for Barbara if only to say hello.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MARCUS L
Long Beach, California
“Every visit is delicious”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I've been going here as long as I can remember. It is an excellent deli with all the right stuff! Matzo ball soup, knishes, chopped liver, halvah, etc., etc., etc., as well as conventional breakfast and lunch items. Today I had the best beef barley soup ever. The carrots in it made it nice and sweet. The texture was perfect, hearty but not overly thick. I will definitely order this again.

The place is always clean and bright, with friendly staff. The prices are not cheap, but are reasonable for the excellent food. It's in a large strip mall, plenty of parking. If you love deli food, this will be your home away from home!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank AmeliaAirheart
Dallas, Texas
“Very Good Sandwiches!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was looking for something quick to eat in my hotel room after work. Found this to be an excellent choice. I had the Reuben the first night and the Sky High the next, both excellent. Wish I could have tried more of the selections. The slaw, potato salad, and pickles are great as well. I highly recommend!

• Visited August 2013
Windham, New Hampshire
“Wish I could find one of these back home!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Corn beef on rye and Matzo ball soup for dinner? Yes Please! Delish! Old school deli with the decor and staff to prove it. I thought it was great, I'll be back on my next trip out.

Visited May 2013