“Not worth the price”
Review of Fontana's

Fontana's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fontana's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 233 Restaurants in Cupertino
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: DeAnza Blvd.
Description: Fontana's serves delicious, Italian cuisine with a California/Mediterranean influence, in a casually elegant, comfortable and spacious setting. All dishes, including the desserts, are made fresh on the premises. Conveniently located in the heart of Silicon Valley on Steven's Creek Blvd. near popular shops, De Anza College, Flint Center and downtown Cupertino, you can enjoy the freshest seafood, pasta, chicken, steaks, and lamb attractively presented with the experience of dining in Italy.
Sunnyvale, California
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We've been here a couple of times recently, although I never noticed this restaurant sitting here across from target. First time we got the special which was ribeye steak with blue cheese Demi glaze. I requested the waitress not to put the sauce on since I didn't like blue cheese, yet it was there anyways. I asked the steak to be cooked medium rare, it was raw and lukewarm in temperature. I had them grill it again.
Second time, we decided to get the pasta since it's an italian restaurant. The food was better this time. We ordered the shrimp Alfredo, and seafood pasta which was tasty, although the carpaccio was blah. Pieces of raw beef with no flavor. Prices are on the higher side, and I don't think it's worth it. I remember the pasta dishes were about $25-28 each, and ribeye special $35. Service was alright, not exceptional.

Visited March 2014

Naperville, Illinois
“Average Italian Fare”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Good service is the only highlight of this otherwise average Italian restaurant. The food was a step above an Olive Garden, but certainly nothing fantastic. I would visit again, but I imagine there are better choices in the area.

• Visited May 2014
California
“Mediocre but ok for a quick dinner - service was good”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Really not so much to write about this place except the fact that is just another mediocre restaurant that has a rather boring interior which would need a small update. The colour on the walls brings me back to the 90s and the chairs are rather uncomfortable. Also the noise level was very high and I even measured it with my smartphone app and it was above 85dB. I am definitely fair in my review and I do not compare this with the best restaurants I have been to, no I am comparing with ok restuarants with similar menu and pricing. The service was really the only asset they have, the food came quickly and the staff was alert so that was appreciated.

The restaurant does not have the potential to become our "favorite place" unfortunately but is ok for a quick bite.

• Visited May 2014
San Jose, California
“Declining Food Quality”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've been going to Fontana's for business lunches and dinners with friends and loved ones for years - it was one of my favorite restaurants in the Cupertino area.

After each of my last four visits I've walked away disappointed. The service has generally been reasonable, but the quality of the food has declined. For example, most recently I ordered a Gorgonzola Salad and. an old favorite of mine, the Capellini Astice. The Gorgonzola Salad offered plenty of lettuce, a reasonable amount of avocado, 2 olives, and no sign of walnuts or gorgonzola cheese. The amount of lobster in the Capellini Astice was less than a quarter of what it used to be. I felt I was eating a rather boring pasta in a plain cream sauce dish.

Everyone has a bad day occasionally, but I've been on the receiving end of too many bad days at Fontana's. Fontana's is just not as good as it used to be.

Visited March 2014
San Jose, California
“Can't Go Wrong Here”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have been going here for years and enjoy the ambiance, especially at holiday time. Went for a birthday lunch. If you join their club, you will receive 20% off promotions by email for birthdays and other occasions - a nice plus. They also served a complimentary ice cream with a lit candle for my birthday which added to the celebration. They have made changes to the menu which is both good and bad. We REALLY miss the lunch menu trio that is no longer offered and wish there more lunch choices available. The service is good and the food is tasty. If you are seated in a back booth, it can be a bit quieter as the restaurant does get busy.

• Visited February 2014